Tuesday, June 4, 2013

2013 B2M Review: The Host

        I'm finally getting around to reviewing The Host movie! I saw it twice because I liked it so much, and I've actually been trying to get my thoughts together because of how awesome it was. I read the book in a matter of days last December. I was so surprised how fast I flew through such a large book-it was the first time that something like that had happened. I expected it to be similar to Twilight, but it was super original and amazing! The concept was brilliant and I loved Stephanie Meyer's characters. 
         The movie portrayed all of the characters amazingly. Saiorse Ronan played Melanie Stryder and Wanda perfectly. She had it down to a tee. I  also thing that Max Irons and Jake Abel were perfect as Jared Howe and Ian O'Shea. I absolutely loved how the world was portrayed. I also loved how everybody dressed... kinda like it was the 50s! I feel as if nothing important was left out. The only thing I was concerned about when I went to see the movie was the fact that Wanda and Melanie were supposed to talk in their heads, but it worked out perfectly in the movie. You just had to be able to tell the accents apart, which was quite easy.
I'd definitely suggest buying this book and seeing the movie. I think that it was absolutely awesome! I also like how lately there seems to be a lot of post-apocalyptic movies coming out. It's kinda my favorite trend, if you couldn't tell already.

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great and I am one of the few people who didn't care much for Twilight. I've heard The Host is completely different and great.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!