Saturday, May 25, 2013

Interview with Kayla of Kayla's Place!



Today, I have an interview with Kayla from Kayla's Place! Her blog has been up September of last year! Let's get on with the interview. :)


1.Hardcover or paperback?

I prefer Paperback because Hard covers are really hard to get comfy with... BUT I loveeee having hard cover books on my shelf! I love the mystery of the actual hard cover - the part UNDER the cover... My favorite is the simple silver butterfly on Beautiful Disaster's Hardcover by Jamie McGuire. Love that simple touch.

2.Book or e-copy?

Both! I'm guilty of buying & reading a thousand ebooks - I almost feel like a traitor of sorts. I always said I'd never go to ebooks but ebooks are just so darn convenient. BUT I still go buy the paperback copy of the novel if it's one I LOVE. See, I've lived through cassette tapes, down to cds, now down to digital music downloads... and VHS movies, down to DVDs, now down to BluRay & who knows what else is coming... I still have cassette tapes in my closet in a box because I LOVED them... now I can't listen to them... So what happens when Epub & Mobi formats go away? That scares me because I love books & I grab them over and over again to read them. Having them on my shelf even after I've read the ebook is like a security blanket for me. :)

3. Library or book store?

I've always loved libraries - especially when I was in college. It was like my own personal safe haven. Now that I don't have much free time, I go to my local Booksamillion on my lunch break a lot. I'm comfortable at either honestly, but we don't have another great library in my area. :(

4 New books or used books?

I enjoy borrowing books from friends but there's nothing like getting your very own copy of a book and making the first indention in the spine all by yourself. Old books are such an amazing thing though. I love going to antique stores and picking up all of the old books. It makes you wonder what all the books have seen. Crazy sounding - I know - but can you imagine who picked it up first, why did they give it up, how many people & what kinds of people have read the book since.... It's exciting :)

5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be? (EX: hero, villain, sidekick, etc.)

Hmmm I'd probably be the main female lead in one of those sappy romances gone wrong... the ones where she constantly screws up her relationships & totally misses the signs she should've seen.... that's just my luck... I wish I could be the hero though :)

6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?

Hmmmm interesting question.... Of course that would be awesome but I think I'd rather be on the pages and not on the big screen... IF it happened to become a movie, I'd probably want someone unknown to play me... Some star who's not been discovered yet...


7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?

Urban Fantasy for sure!! If I could jump into a genre where all of those mythical beings were real, I would LOVE that....

8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet any why?

No way could I pick just one! I mean... I love so many authors but there's a handful that I've read this year that I'd love to hang out with - not only because their books rock but because they seriously crack me up on Twitter & Facebook - Molly McAdams & Teresa Mummert...I mean, crack me up! Those ladies are freaking awesome. There's so many more that I'd love to meet though - Amy Bartol, Shelly Crane, Cassandra Clare, Stephen King, R.L. Mathewson, Shannon Dermott, Jamie McGuire, Colleen Hoover, Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione, Gena Showalter... I mean, seriously the list goes on & on....

9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?

Life Goes On.... I've had so many ups & downs throughout my life that it's like a roller coaster. The one thing that I've learned through it all, no matter how many tears I cry & people I yell at, Life Goes On....

10. Which character in a novel that you've read most resembles you and why?

Uh oh... answering this one might get me into trouble so I have to plead the 5th... It would be one of those crazy romance novels - that's for sure. 

11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?

Well, I don't really have one favorite novel... I have so many that are my faves (there's an entire page on my blog just listing them out) that if I kept reading them over and over, I'd never have time to move onto another novel.... I'm a sucker for re-reading novels though... I can honestly say that I read the Hunger Games Trilogy probably 5 times....LOTR novels about 10 times... Twilight probably 20....Dreamcatcher by Stephen King probably 5....

Thanks so much for letting me interview you, Kayla!


You can find Kayla on:

Kayla's Place
Goodreads
Twitter
Google Plus

2 comments:

  1. I feel like everyone agrees about preferring new books-there's just something about a crisp, unread page and the promise it holds!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!