Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: July 12, 2011
Source: Purchased
Edition: Hardcover (388 pages)
Genre: YA Fantasy/Paranormal (Werewolves)
Cover Review: I love the covers for this series. The wolf in the back and then there's Sam... plus there's the awesome trees and the font and the fact that the writing is actually red inside the book.
Tagline: N/A
Series:
Wolves of Mercy Falls #3
Main Characters: Grace Brisbane & Sam Roth


then.When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their loved moved from curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is the wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be kill in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment - a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.
 

Soooo... Forever. I finally read Forever. I liked the story even more than the first two. The only thing I didn't like much was the ending, because it was a cliffhanger! I guess I kind of have to fill the blanks in for myself.

In this last installment, Tom Culpeper is out to get rid of all the wolves, no matter what everyone has to say about it. He has the whole town in on it. There's going to be a hunt-and no wolf should make it out alive. Sam's biggest problem is that now Grace is a wolf. Sam can't live without Grace... nor she he. Throughout the last battle, Sam must try his best to save as many wolves as he can, because not many know that they are actually going human hunting instead of wolf hunting.

I absolutely loved Cole, once again. He's definitely been my favorite character from this series. Though he kind of turned to becoming a wolf to escape his old life, he's the most likable to me. I also loved his romance with Isabel.

I absolutely love Maggie Stiefvater's writing style, and I'll definitely be picking up more from her in the future because of this series. I may have to read The Scorpio Races soon because I've had it on my shelf since it came out!

Recommended for fans of:
Winter
Werewolves
Multiple POVs

Memorable Quotes:

"People shouldn't have to earn kindness. They should have to earn cruelty."

"People don't change who they are. They only change what they do with it."

"If I only have ten minutes, Sam, this is what I want to say. You're not the best of us. You're more than that. You're better than all of us. If I only have ten minutes, I would tell you to go out there and live. I'd say... please take your guitar and sing your songs to as many people as you can. Please fold a thousand more of those damn birds of yours. Please kiss that girl a million times."

"And then I did laugh, even though the future was a dangerous place, because I loved her, and she loved me, and the world was beautiful."
Rating:

Have you read this novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

8 comments:

  1. I think Cole and Isabel were my favorite part of this book-I was surprised by how fast I fell for them as characters when they weren't even there in the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like her newest series, but for some reason this one just didn't work for me (I don't think I could get past the colored font, which other people really enjoyed). Thanks for the review, maybe I'll give book 3 a try. I only finished 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Forever too, Krystianna. I even loved the ending - because I knew in my heart and head how it ended for Sam & Grace. *sigh* And Cole...I know he and Isabel got their HEA too. ;) I absolutely adore Maggie Stiefvater's writing. It's so lyrical and beautiful. I haven't read anything she's written that I didn't like. Have you read her Books of Faerie novels?? Those were the first I read. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Forever, I don't think I even remember what happened in Linger. I love Sam, he is the reason I even started this series and I really want to know how it ended for him. Hopefully soon :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a nice conclusion to the series :) I also enjoyed reading The Raven Boys, but her writing style isn't the same as in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this series! And you picked out some awesome quotes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great writing, not a romance fan because it always feels too corny but this is hardly twilight- in fact, this is the type of book series that I've been looking for.
    View this site for Indianapolis Web Design Service

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!