Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Book Recommendation (6)

This week I decided to recommend some books and the movies that are based off of them! I'm a hardcore lover of most book-to-movie adaptations, even though some things are left out.

 

The Host (The Host, #1)
The Host by Stephanie MeyerThe book was monstrous, yes, but I read it in only a few days! I flew right through it without even realizing how fast it was going by. By the time it was actually over, I just wanted more! The movie was just the same. I actually saw it twice because I loved it so much! The characters were portrayed perfectly. I actually heard that there might be two sequels for this book, which absolutely blows my mind! I can't wait for them to come out.
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
I absolutely loved this book! R and Julie were both amazing, and I was so interested to see this as a movie. Once I finally saw the movie, I couldn't believe how amazingly funny it was! The movie was just perfect. I actually saw this one twice too!





The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stehpen ChboskyWhen I first read this book, I actually only thought that it was okay and I couldn't understand why there was so many amazing reviews surrounding it. When I finally saw the movie, it completely changed my view on this book. I'm hoping to reread it sometime over the summer, as I'm interested to see what I'll think the second time around. Nina Dobrev, Logan Lerman, and Emma Watson portrayed their characters perfectly, as did the rest of the cast. I've seen this movie twice too. I guess there's a pattern? 


 What are some of your favorite book to movie adaptations?

12 comments:

  1. I really like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-both book and movie. I know not everyone likes Johnny Depp's portrayal, preferring Gene Wilder's but in my opinion, his film is all-around better (and I love Freddie Highmore as Charlie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read or watched all of them! I don't watch many movies, but I didn't like I Am Number Four and The Lightning Thief movie adaptations! They changed too many things! :/ Good movie adaptation is probably THG... I can't wait to see how City of Bones, Sea of Monsters, TFIOUS and Divergent turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the movie versions of the Host and Warm Bodies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord of the Rings! I love those movies so much! And I really need to see The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I'm glad you liked all these movies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird! You totally just picked 3 books and their adaptations that I've yet to read and watch but would love to because of curiosity. XD Definitely gonna check these out some time later! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Host was great! I've heard people being critical about the movie adaptation (but who isn't?), but I loved it. I thought it was amazing, and wanted to see it again, but I guess I'll have to wait until it is out on DVD/

    New follower, by the way! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!