Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (43)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that bloggers are eagerly waiting for.

This week I'm excited for The Ward by Jordana Frankel.

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.

The Ward will be released on April 30, 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! This cover is absolutely stunning, and the summery looks awesome. I'll definitely be checking this one out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading this one and so far its living up to it's hype :) SO a great pick to be waiting on Krystianna!

    -Lisseth @Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds great and it's definitely my kind of book. The cover is gorgeous! We're so close to the release day. :)

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Been seeing thisone here and there. Dystopians aren't always my kind of read but the cover is definitely captivating, if not a little frightening!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! At first, I didn't know what to think about this book, but then I read a really raving review on it on a blog just recently and it does sound good...I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one hasn't been very appealing to me just based on the synopsis and cover but if it starts getting good reviews, I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!