Sunday, February 3, 2013

Downright Discussion: MUSIC

So I finally decided to make a new Downright Discussions button! The other one just seemed to plain so I simply messed with the fonts and I think it looks a bit better than it did before.

This week I decided to talk about something other than books: MUSIC. I'm a huge music fan. When I'm not reading or doing work, I'm listening to music. I'm mostly an alternative fan, and my favorite group would probably have to be Imagine Dragons. I think that there music is so amazing! It's also been featured in both the trailer for The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Host! None of their songs are similar at all, which I really enjoy. My favorite song of theirs would probably have to be Radioactive, mostly because it reminds me of all of the dystopian books that I love oh so much.

I'm also a huge fan of Taylor Swift. Then again, who isn't? I absolutely love her newest CD, Red. My favorite song on the CD would probably have to be either Starlight or The Lucky One. Starlight is a fun, upbeat tune while The Lucky One reminds me of Hollywood. My favorite song EVER sung by Taylor Swift would definitely have to be Safe and Sound, hands down. It's so creepy but it's really amazing. I really like the music video too. I'm hoping that she is featured again in the Catching Fire CD!

I really enjoy Maroon 5 too. The main singer, Adam Levine, has such a unique voice. I absolutely love all of their music! I've recently grown to really like Neon Trees, Fun., and We the Kings as well. Another group that I really like is One Direction, which is surprising, because I'm usually not one to be fond of boy bands... though they are British and Niall is Irish!
What kind of music do you like to listen to? Any recommendations?

9 comments:

  1. I really like Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles. I just started listening to The Civil Wars (They helped Taylor Swift with Safe and Sound.) Jason Mraz is one of my favorites, too. I like fun. and The Avett Brothers too. So many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I was reading your interview again with the girl from Oops I Read... and I think that most of those comments are probably spam, FYI. I didn't click on any of the links. They looked suspicious. I thought I'd let you know, cuz I would want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww One Direction *.*
    You might like all Time low :) i Love their misic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Imagine Dragon too! I have a whole playlist on my January's Favorites if you want to check it out. My genre is more towards alternative/indie pop-rock though. I would defintely recommend Daughter. Her voice is like OMG.
    -Jelly @Jelly's Insider

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I like One Direction and all but I love The Wanted (a fellow boy band) whose big song last year was "Glad You Came"-just had to put that out there if you are willing to give another boy band a try.

    I like most of the music you mentioned here as well especially Taylor Swift-she's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Taylor Swifts' new album too! I've also been listening to The Black Keys. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have never been a big taylor swift fan though i do find a lot of her songs pretty catchy. i haven't really listened to any new music lately but i love florence and the machine and cat power. happy listening!

    fishgirl182 @ read now sleep later

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES IMAGINE DRAGONS <3 Love them, and Taylor Swift, We The Kings and Neon Trees as well. I've seen Maroon 5 in concert and will go see them again this summer, so I'm very excited for that! But my all time favorite band would probably be The Script, love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, there! I love this discussion post! I'm always a bit picky with new music...I do listen to the radio but if a song doesn't completely blow me away I won't buy it, so I think it's great when people share new music so that I can branch out a bit :) I love, love, love Taylor Swift - I guess my favorite song from Red would be All Too Well...love that one! And I'm "getting into" the Imagine Dragons music...they have new album out, right? Do you recommend any specific songs from them?

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!