Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Book Recommendations: Contemporary!

This week, in honor of Valentine's Day, I decided to recommend contemporary novels. Though I don't read contemporary often, I still enjoy it. I mostly enjoy reading this genre during the summer or spring. I also finally made a new button ^ and it looks much better than the old one! I'm really excited about that. Anyway, on to the recommendations!
Revived by Cat Patrick
This book is kind of a mix between science fiction and contemporary. I didn't know it was possible, but Cat Patrick proved it. Revived is about a girl named Daisy who has died many times though she always survives after taking the drug Revive. The only downfall of this is that every time she dies, she has to move to a whole new town and start over. As time goes on, we find that maybe Revive isn't all that it's made out to be.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
I read this book a while back and I remember enjoying it... a lot. It's the only Sarah Dessen book that I've read, and I definitely suggest reading it sometime. It has a lot to do with music, which was a great plus. It also has a great love interest. I finished this book in a day! It's definitely a quick, fun, read.






Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Though I know that just about everyone has already read this book, I can't recommend it enough. This book is my favorite contemporary of all time! It takes place in Paris and the love interest is British. Plus, the main character is a really fun one and she can be pretty relatable. I still have to get my hands on a copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door, though I'm really excited for it. If you haven't read this one, I suggest you do so now or ASAP!



What are some of your favorite contemporaries?

6 comments:

  1. I really should get on Anna and the French Kiss - everyone keeps naming it as one of the best contemporaries.

    Now I'm not usually that big of a contemporary fan, but my two favorites have to be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Just One Day by Gayle Forman. Just One Day though... I'm absolutely in love with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Stephanie Perkins' newest book. Seriously. Can't. Lola is different, but just as romantic - in a different way. I loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved Anna and the French Kiss ^^ Haven't heard of the others, but a mix of contemporary and sci-fi sounds interesing!

    Hm... a contemporary that I read in December (I think) and really adored is Notes From the Blender. It was sooo funny! But there were also serious moments. Loved the characters, and it's dual-POV :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Listen is one of my all-time favorite books! Lock & Key and The Truth About Forever are other Sarah Dessen books that I really loved as well! I would also recommend While He Was Away. Really awesome books as well!

    ~Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Dessen's books are awesome... and I can't wait for her new one 'The Moon and More'. Some of my fav contemporaries are:
    The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson,
    My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick,
    Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry,
    Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
    Anything by Sarah Ockler or E. Lockhart <3

    Ok that was a lot and I still have like 10 more that I wanted to write LOL! I love contemporary books!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!