Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (28)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that bloggers are eagerly waiting for.

This week I'm waiting on Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger.

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.

Etiquette and Espionage will be released on February 5, 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.

23 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about this book too; loved Soulless and am thrilled to have Carriger enter the YA realm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for this one either! Looks awesome... i love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I feel like this book is all over the blogosphere! It does sound more than amazing, though...great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added this book to my TBR list!

    It sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for following! <3 Followed you back!
    This book sounds great! And the coverrrr, oooh. <3 I like it! ^.^

    Xoxo,
    Laurice Dainty Damsel Stories

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this book cover around, but it's nice to know what it's about. It sounds pretty awesome!
    Thanks for following. I returned the favor!
    Deidra @ Simply Books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. I've seen this around but not sure I'll get to it. Will have to live vicariously through your reviews.

    brenda (proseandkahn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a fun read. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been eyeing the Parasol Protectorate for ages! I really want to read this one so I have to catch up soon :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and following, I'm an old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm super excited about this too, and the release date isn't far away at all!!! (Feb 5)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Choice! Her adult series was lots of fun!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried out Gail Carriger's books yet, but they really do look appealing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I didn't know about this one, I'm going to add it to my list. I love her other series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohmygosh! I just saw this cover on twitter last night and was drooling all over it! I love it! and it sounds like a wonderful read! I hope it lives up to the hype :)
    Great pic, thanks for sharing it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm super excited for this, only a few more weeks!! I love that it's still in the Parasol Protectorate world (:

    Thanks for stopping Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one looks completely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also excited for this one!

    Thanks for following! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds SO good and I love that cover. It's gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    New follower :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Parasol and Protectorates series so I'm excited for the prequel. Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, I'm waiting on this one, too! I've never read any of her books but have hard awesome things about them, so I'm excited to give her a try.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I've followed you back via GFC. :)

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!