Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (12)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
I had a pretty good week this week!
Gifted:
Jane Ryan has always dreamed of having her own horse—but so long as she gets to ride her favorite horse, Beau, at Sunny Acres farm, she’s content. When summer camp begins, Jane receives heartbreaking news about Beau. She’s losing him to a new owner. When her trainer asks her to help with a newcomer to the barn, Lancelot, she has no choice but to say yes. Lancelot is beautiful and talented, but he’s also wild and dangerous. Jane realizes that he needs her as much as she needs him. But Jane must find faith in herself before she can have faith in Lancelot. And if she does, she just might get to compete in the end-of-summer competition—and maybe even end up with a horse of her own.

Meet the hot stars behind the big-screen adaptation of the thrilling Hunger Games series! Packed with four-color photos throughout!Ready to get up close and personal with the stars of The Hunger Games movie? Well now’s your chance.

     Filled with the latest photos, news from the set, and all the inside scoop on each of the actors—including Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Isabelle Fuhrman, and the rest of the “tributes”—this is a must-have for fans.

In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four stunningly beautiful girls are haunted by a very ugly past. Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily want nothing more than to forget Alison DiLaurentis, their former best friend who tried to ruin their lives. But someone refuses to let her memory die. A is still out there, lurking in the shadows and digging up the pretty little liars' newest secrets.

Emily's reconnecting with an old flame, one baby step at a time. But is she headed toward true love or another bundle of heartache? Spencer's learning about the highs and lows of campus life on a trip to Princeton. Aria's seeing a whole new side to Noel's dad--and it could drive a wedge between her and Noel. And, for better or worse, Hanna's getting in touch with her inner A.

Secret by secret, lie by lie, the girls get tangled in A's dangerous web. A knows about everything, from their tiniest transgressions to the awful incident in Jamaica. Soon A will have enough ammunition to pull the trigger and end the pretty little liars, once and for all. . . .


 
 My friends and I used to play lying games.

Now my twin sister is living one.

When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we're both learning just how flawed my family really is.

Laurel is shooting Emma nasty looks and sneaking around with my ex-boyfriend. And it turns out my parents are keeping a huge secret--could it be the reason I'm dead?

How far would they go to keep the truth buried? No one can harm me now, but Emma is still fair game. And if she's not careful, she'll end up buried, too. . . .

From Sara Shepard, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Pretty Little Liars books, comes a riveting series about secrets, lies, and killer consequences.
I also got a copy of The One & Only Cupcakes, Whoopie Pies, and Cakepops Cookbook published by Metro Books, New York but I couldn't find a picture of it anywhere. I'm super excited to make some goodies!
Purchased:
Harper only wanted a safe, normal life. But when her younger sister Gemma runs off with a dangerous clique of beautiful girls, Penn, Thea, and Lexi, everything changes. Vowing to get her sister back no matter what the cost, Harper must face dangers unlike any she's ever experienced. Fortunately, she has Daniel by her side, a gorgeous guy who's devoted to helping her find her sister—and who's immune to the girls' dark powers.

While Harper searches for her sister, Gemma struggles to adjust to her new life.  Gemma's powers are growing by the day, and the longer she lives with her new "sisters," the harder it is to resist entering their magical world.  It's a realm both dark and beautiful, and where she's plagued by strange hungers and unspeakable needs.  Just as she's drifting far away from her old life,  Harper and Daniel find her...but no one can deny how much she's changed.  All she wants is to return to her family and the mortal world, but how can she do that when she's become something else entirely—and will they still love her once they learn the truth?

Prepare to fall under the spell of Lullaby, the second book in the Watersong series from New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking.
It's a signed copy, which is really cool!
If you're interested, I'm now doing Book Blogger Interviews! Check out this post for more information & be sure to stop by my first interview!

What books did you get this week?

19 comments:

  1. My daughter would love 'A Horse of her Own'. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. As for the rest of your additons, they look highly interesting. I have yet to start Amanda Hockings Watersong series.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Wake on my shelf but have yet to read it :/ With this Lullaby out, I need to get on that! Can't wait for your review! It may convince me to finally get moving on this series or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NONE of these, but I've heard of all of them. Looks like a great bunch! Hope you enjoy all of them :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a horse book! I was "one of those girls" when I was a teen. I did the whole show jumping thing but never had my own horse. I even got my undergraduate degree in equine science. (So you'd think I have horses now, but no. Just a couple of loud mouthed donkeys!)

    Lullaby sounds good too, I'll have to out that on my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction AND my new blog Clean Teen Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been curious about Amanda Hocking's Watersong series. I can't wait to see what you think of Lullaby! Great books! I hope you love them!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read the first book in the Watersong series, Wake. (I have to wonder if the next book will start with a W too... oh well-y). Have an enjoyable time reading them books! > v <

    my STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh very nice! I have a lot of Amanda's older books to read still. Haven't even gotten to buying this first one yet! Hope you enjoy your reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Hunger Games!! *-* That book sounds pretty interesting! Great for fans. have fun with your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spotted Lullaby while out shopping recently, and the series looks really interesting. I still want to check out her Trylle trilogy, too. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to catch up on my PLL reading! Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    New email follower - Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lullaby sounds exciting!
    Hope you enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Watersong series but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just finished Pretty Little Liars book 1 and I like it! Great haul! Enjoy your new books.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of A Horse of Her Own, completely not something I would initially go out and buy but I am interested in it now. I have heard good things about Pretty Little Liars and need to pick up a copy of book one soon.

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lullabye looks interesting.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lullaby sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Yes, Lullaby have a stunning cover! I won the first book of this series a few months ago but didn't have time to read it. I'm looking forward to read your review :P Hide and seek sounds interesting and the girls have wicked faces! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!