Thursday, January 10, 2013

Great Expectations (5)

If you'd like to join in on this meme, just please link back to me and leave a link to your post in the comments! I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

Great Expectations will be a weekly meme where you talk about a book that has had a lot of hype. You then proceed to talk about whether you believe it should've had all that hype. After that, you can talk about a recent read that you loved to try to give it some hype.


The Hype
I read Black City by Elizabeth Richards, and I've heard marvelous things about it, so I was really looking forward to it. Let me just say this: I definitely think it deserved the hype. It was absolutely amazing and as you all know, I'm totally on the vampire apocalypse bandwagon. I love reading about it because it's pretty much two of my favorite things combined into one.




Recent Read
I read Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill over winter break and it was absolutely amazing. It's the first book in a series, which makes me even happier. The whole world that Liesel created is filled with time travel, futuristic elements, super powers, and SCIENCE. I'm a huge science fan, so it definitely intrigued me. I'd highly recommend you all to keep this book on your radars and purchase it when it comes out.



If you're interested, I'm now doing Book Blogger Interviews! Check out this post for more information & be sure to stop by my first interview!

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering about Black City for awhile. I remember when it was everyone's waiting on wednesday posts. The cover was pretty cool. Glad to hear it was worth all the hype. I might actually read it one of these days now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to learn that you enjoyed Black City! Thanks for sharing your view :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this meme concept! I've heard awesome - and extremely negative - things about Black City, but I definitely think I'll be staying away. Apparently there's TONS of infidelity, which is a big red flag in my book, so I'm pretty sure reading Black City will only anger me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a snippet of Black City on my iPod. I'm buying it for my birthday which is coming up!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really cool idea! You do this every Thursday or just whenever?
    I'll grab the button so I can remember it (I have a terrible memory).
    I may not do it every week, but I'd love to do it when I can! This is awesome!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!