Sunday, January 13, 2013

Downright Discussion: Time Travel in YA

This week on Downright Discussions, I decided to talk about time travel in YA because it's one of my favorite sub-genres.

The whole time travel thing just fascinates me. I love reading each author's version of time travel as well, because every time it tends to be a little different. It's just so cool to imagine time traveling so why not read a lot about it?

I personally think that there should be more time travel novels in YA because of how much fun they are. They can be contemporary time travel novels or science fiction time travel novels. Whenever I see a time travel novel, it's the first thing that I buy and read. Once I start the book, I'm whisked away into the wonderful concept of time travel in a matter of minutes. Before I know it, it's 11 o'clock at night and my book is completely finished. Then all I want to do is sit and read another one!

What do you guys think of time travel novels?

3 comments:

  1. I love time travel! <3 That's why I'm hosting the 2013 YA + MG Time Travel Reading Challenge! Join us! *wink wink*

    But true, for me, there aren't lots of time travel books in YA though since hosting the challenge, I came across lots of books I haven't heard before! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I love time travel. The ability to be able to change every thing with just one action? FASCINATING. Dont even get me started on Time travel movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I've read any novels on time travel. Feeling a tad left out now. Will definitely be checking out a book with time travel soon. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!