Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book Recommendation (5): Time Travel!

As I've mentioned before, I've decided to start doing book recommendations. These will be done at random times. I'll group my recommendations by cover color, genre, or even base them off an author!
This week I decided to do some recommendations based on the time travel genre. I wish there were more time travel novels, so I'm also going to do a discussion post on this soon.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire
I read this book over springtime and it was great. I really like the cover as well-it appears as if she is walking on the floor but it's really the wall! In Hourglass, we follow Emerson, a girl who can just happen to see ghosts. She doesn't know why or how. All she knows is that people think she's crazy. She's on a ton of medications because of what people think she is "seeing". After she meets a boy named Michael, who claims to need her help, a whole new world is opened up.



Tempest by Julie Cross
Because there are two covers, I just had to show them both. I really like both of them and I don't know which one I like better. In Tempest, our protagonist is Jackson and he has the power to manipulate time. After his girlfriend, Holly, is murdered right before his eyes, he ends up in 2007 by accident. The fact of the matter is: Holly is still alive in 2007.




Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
This is more of a contemporary with a hint of science fiction. This is my kind of contemporary read, most definitely. We follow Annie, who ends up meeting this guy named Bennett. He is the new kid at school and he appears to be different. Annie doesn't know why until she finally meets him. This book was very unique and original because there is a big twist on time travel.







What are your favorite time travel novels in YA? These are actually the only three that I can think of. If you know of any other time travel novels, please tell me in the comments below because I love getting recommendations!

8 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read that many books about time travel (the only one I can think of is Time Traveller's Wife and I haven't even read it haha). But all of the books you mentioned are on my TBR and look really good :) I'll definitely check them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ruby Red and in general I LOVE time Travel books and have not yet read the ones you have suggested. So I must now do so! and although I love Time travel books and have read quite a few.. Ruby Red is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read many books with time travel but at the moment am blanking on title.s Will try to come back once I read through my archive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timepiece is a great book, and I really need to read Tempest soon. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Hourglass sitting in my reader. I really have to give it a try. I have to read Tempest too with Vortex being released today. I have had some serious good luck with time travel books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Great topic! I think there are just not enough time travel novels out there! I'll admit I haven't read Hourglass or Time Between Us, but I loved Tempest and Vortex is sitting on my nightstand already :) Have you read Ruby Red already? I read it in German but the English translation is out now and I loved it :) It was hilariously funny, but also suspenseful and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I love time travel stories, am listing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, a twist you say? I like time travel books and want to try out Time Between Us based on the twist you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!