Saturday, January 19, 2013
Blogger Interview with The Romance Bookie!
1. Hardcover or paperback?
Of course, I prefer Hardcovers, but I also like paperbacks! :) Hardcovers more because they are sturdier and last longer. Plus they don't get the crease! And with some authors like Cassandra Clare's "Mortal Instrument" and "Infernal Devices" series it's easier to read the hardcover copies with the larger print! :)
2. Book or e-copy?
Honestly, I like both! I read both, switching off. I prefer owning hard copies of books, when they are the same price as the ebook, but if an ebook is only like 99 cents, or even FREE, then of course I'll take the ecopy! :)
3. Library or book store?I prefer book stores if I have money, but one of my new year resolutions is to get new books out of the library instead of always going straight to buying them! :)
4. New books or Used books?
I get a TON of used books at Thrift Stores, but when I buy a book their I always look at their condition! I've gotten some great copies, that looked never read, for under $2! I highly recommend Goodwill!
5. If you were in a book, which type of character would you be?
I'd love to be a hero! Someone like Hermoine, who I guess some people would call a sidekick, but overall in that group they each have their own strengths! :)
6. Would you want the book you were featured in to be turned into a movie? Who would play you?
I love movie adaptations! I know a lot of people don't, but I have always enjoyed them! :) But I have no idea who I would have play me! I am terrible at that! But I love Melissa Joan Hart, even though she would play an older version of me, and she's a bit shorter I think haha
7. If you could live in any possible genre, which would you choose and why?
I love contemporary romances with a happy ending!
8. If you could meet any one author, who would you meet and why?
I met my absolute favorite author in February, Meg Cabot. Would love to meet her again one day! But if I had to choose someone new I'd love to either meet Cassandra Clare, Stephenie Meyer, or JK Rowling! OR all three! :) I love their books!
9. If there was a book about your life, what would it be called?
"Living Under a Rock" haha, I'm quite the hermit, when I'm reading a great book!
10. Which character in a novel that you've read most resembles you and why?Not by what she does in the novel, but Bianca in Kody Keplinger's "The DUFF", reminded me of me in high school, when she was called "The DUFF" (The Designated Ugly Fat Friend). That's exactly how I thought of myself back then. Great book and highly recommend it by the way!
11. How many times have you read your favorite book and will you read it again?There are a few books I've read a number of times. The third Princess Diaries, "Princess in Love" by Meg Cabot I've read I would say more than 10 times. And then The Twilight Saga I've read at least every year, since 2008, before each movie came out :).
It was a pleasure to interview you, Mandy!
You can find The Romance Bookie on:
The Romance Bookie