Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Goals for Blogging

I've seen a lot of resolution posts around, so I decided that I would do one of my own as I only started blogging half a year ago. I have quite a few goals this year, so I shall get on it!
  1. Either continue or finish series. I'm really bad at this, because I always see a new series and I'm just like, "I would totally love that!" and then I forget about everything else. So hopefully, I'll finish at least 5-10 series this year. I guess that's a pretty tough goal, but a little tough love never hurt anybody, right?
  2. Reach twice as many followers as I have now by the end of the year. (600!) Somehow, I managed to reach 293 followers in 6 months, so I will *hopefully* be able to manage this one. I love meeting others who love the same kind of books that I love, so hopefully my new followers will be all interested in the same things as I am. :)
  3. Finish at least 108 books, if not more. I read 108 books last year, and I'm pretty sure that if I really try, I'll be able to reach more this year. I've already read 3 in 6 days, and I'm halfway through my fourth.
  4. Read more books that are movies or soon-to-be movies. I love book-to-movie adaptations, so maybe I'll do some book to movie reviews.
  5. Finish at least 3/4 of the books on my shelf that I haven't read. This one will probably not happen, but a girl can dream, ya know? I don't even know how many books I have on my shelf.
  6. Read at least 15 contemporaries. I really need to broaden my horizons, so I'll hopefully be able to do this.
  7. Read more John Green! I've heard excellent things about his books, and I've only read The Fault in Our Stars.
  8. Read more Jennifer L. Armentrout! I've only read Obsidian, but I've heard great things about all of her books.
  9. Read all of the released books by Cassandra Clare. I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't yet. I've only read City of Bones and City of Ashes.
  10. Review at least 75 dystopian books. This will probably not happen either, but again, I can dream. I don't even know how many dystopians I have, but I don know that the majority of my shelves are dystopians. I have to live up to the name of my blog!
What are some of your goals for 2013?

12 comments:

  1. JOHN. GREEN. <3 You should read Looking for Alaska because it's awesome! I also need to read more Cassandra Clare books, I've only read the first 3 Mortal Instruments books, and you should read City of Glass soon because it's SO GOOD! And like 5 times better than the first two :D This was my rant. Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. :) I guess that TMI just gets better as it goes on too. :) The next John Green book I read will have to be Looking for Alaska because everyone seems to recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Haha I know what you mean about series. I still have two that I need to finish. Congrats on the number of followers you have. I'm sure you'll have AT LEAST double that by the end of the year. I sure hope that I'll have that many. And don't worry I need to read more of Cassandra Clare's books too. I haven't read any. :/ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book to move adaptations as well! You know I am collaborating with someone else on linking our book to movie reviews with one another..maybe you could join in and we all could link each others? If you are interested just send me an e-mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome goals. Woot woot for the dystopian reads. I love them. Best of luck meeting your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's a problem to not finish series (unless of course you really want to). Sometimes the first book is really good and the rest are not. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I find it really interesting that you plan on reading so many specific books...I may should have considered doing that, too...anyway. good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I will not be able to read 3/4 of the books on my shelf because I have far too many! I'd love to read 75 books in a year, but I highly doubt that will happen any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That are some great goals you have. Hope you will find the time to read all those books (and that there is some serious crossover in the books hahah)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love John Green and Cassie Clare! Definitely two of my favourite authors. I have so many series that I've started and need to finish, I definitely have to work on that this year. Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to read more John Green too! I pre-ordered The Faults in Our Stars which is coming out in PB next month. HC was too expensive for my budget.

    You should read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince. They are amazing. especially the second novel. They are so much better than TMI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved The Fault in Our Stars! I hope you like it. :)

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!