Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that bloggers are eagerly waiting for.

This week I'm waiting on 2 books. The first one is Vortex by Julie Cross.

Julie Cross's Vortex is the thrilling second installment of the Tempest series, inwhich the world hangs in the balance as a lovelorn Jackson must choose who to save
Jackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent. However, after an accidental run in with Holly—the girl he altered history to save—Jackson is once again reminded of what he's lost. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents not only find themselves under attack, but Jackson begins to discover that the world around him has changed and someone knows about his erased relationship with Holly, putting both their lives at risk all over again.

I absolutely loved Tempest and I've been waiting for a year for this release! Vortex will be released on January 8, 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin.

The other book I'm excited for is Doomed by Tracy Deebs. I'm a big fan of the new cover change as well!

Beat the game. Save the world.

Pandora’s just your average teen, glued to her cell phone and laptop, surfing Facebook and e-mailing with her friends, until the day her long-lost father sends her a link to a mysterious site featuring twelve photos of her as a child. Unable to contain her curiosity, Pandora enters the site, where she is prompted to play her favorite virtual-reality game, Zero Day. This unleashes a global computer virus that plunges the whole world into panic: suddenly, there is no Internet. No cell phones. No utilities, traffic lights, hospitals, law enforcement. Pandora teams up with handsome stepbrothers Eli and Theo to enter the virtual world of Zero Day. Simultaneously, she continues to follow the photographs from her childhood in an attempt to beat the game and track down her father, her one key to saving the world as we know it. Part The Matrix, part retelling of the Pandora myth, Doomed has something for gaming fans, dystopian fans, and romance fans alike.


Doomed will be released on January 8, 2013 by Walker Childrens.

16 comments:

  1. they both sound good! Pandoras cover is very mysterious and techie.

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, Doomed is definitely going on my TBR list. It sounds really good!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh nice!! Haven't heard of the first one but I read Doomed! It was pretty cool, yet a little intense/scary because it's something that could totally happen if a mad scientist chooses to do so!

    It's on Netgalley too, in case you didn't know!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Doomed around and I like the sound of it. I still need to read Tempest, I heard great things!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Definitely adding these to my to-read list! :)

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two awesome books! I have yet to read Tempest, but I have heard good things about it. Doomed looks like a book I'll really enjoy!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doomed looks really cool-I haven't seen it around but I like the comparison to the Matrix and Pandora's box, a great combo!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!