Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Epic Finale of 2012

I originally had a post for this series, but I decided it's easier to just do one big post full of all my favorites, so I'm going to post it today. It's inspired by all of the others who are doing final posts as well as some of my own topics thrown in. I hope you enjoy! If you'd like to join in, just leave me a link to yours in the comments below!

Favorite Bloggers of 2012
Anna @ Literary Exploration who has seriously amazing and helpful discussion posts.
Giselle @ Book Nerd who has some of the best helpful tips for bloggers with her Newbie's Guide to Book Blogging.
Lauren @ 365 Days of Reading who has one of the best features ever-Pick of the Week.
Loretta @ Between the Pages who always has reviews of books that I've never heard of. I always learn about new books from her, such as Jenny Pox!
Katie @ Katie's Book Blog who is currently doing Blogger's Best of 2012 which features different bloggers as well as their favorites of the year!
Kristi @ The Story Siren who is practically the queen of book blogging.
Lulu Frances @ Lulu Frances Fashion Dot who not only does book reviews, she also does photography and fashion! It's a win, win, win!
Harmony @ Radiant Reads who always has the funniest reviews. I also love how she always uses different quotes in her reviews! Harmony's blog is actually the first book blog that I ever saw!
Taylor & Rebekah @ We Need Reads who always have fun reviews.


Movies I Can't Wait to See in 2013
Warm Bodies
Beautiful Creatures
Oz: The Great and Powerful
The Host
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Ender's Game
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Best Characters of 2012
  • Perry from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  • Prince Maxon from The Selection by Kiera Cass
  • Liam from The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  • Cassia from Matched & Crossed by Ally Condie
  • Justin from Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
  • Connor from Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  • Wanderer from The Host by Stephanie Meyer
  • Thomas from The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, and The Death Cure by James Dashner
  • Evie from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2013 (No Sequels)
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Doomed by Tracy Deebs
Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Dualed by Elsie Chapman
When We Wake by Karen Healey
Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Let the Sky Fall by Sharon Messenger
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Arclight by Josin L. McQueen
Taken by Erin Bowman
Rush by Eve Spirit
Transparent by Natalie Whipple
You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
PODs by Michelle Pickett
Starglass by Phoebe North

Best Series of 2012
I didn't actually read any complete series this year, which is kind of pathetic. The only one that I kind of finished was James Dashner's The Maze Runner trilogy, but I never read the prequel. Therefore this topic will be on series that I read 2+ books in for the series.

The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner  These books are so fast-paced and original. I just can't stop reading them because the characters are really relatable and you really start to care for them.
Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie This series was one of the first YA dystopians that I read. I absolutely love the love triangle in this series and the society is very interesting and unique.
The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater Maggie is one of my favorite authors. Her take on werewolves is so original and the main couple in the series is just fantastic. It's a great winter read!
The Immortals by Alyson Noel I personally really like this series. It's an excellent paranormal romance series with immortals and mystery.
Maximum Ride by James Patterson The characters in this series are absolutely hilarious. I think that's mostly why I love this series! Plus, most of the books are fast-paced.
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare I only read the first two in this series, but what I read was outstanding.
The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith This series definitely isn't as good as the show. The characters act completely different but it's still a good read.
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard I love the mystery in this series. I feel so scared for Emma!

Best Movies of 2012
The Hunger Games, most definitely. I didn't see many movies this year so this one wins hands-down.

Best Books with Creatures
This topic includes any sort of creature, such as vampires, werewolves, fairies, elementals, etc.

  1. Shiver, Linger, and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  2. Wake by Amanda Hocking
  3. Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
  4. The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
  5. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Best Contemporaries
  1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  4. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
  5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Best Historical Fictions
  1. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  2. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Best Fantasies
  1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  2. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  3. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
  4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Best Paranormal Romances
  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  3. Tempest by Julie Cross
  4. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
  5. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
  6. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
  7. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
  8. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
  9. Elixir by Hilary Duff
Best Novels Written in 2012
  1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  2. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  3. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
  4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  5. Tempest by Julie Cross
  6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  7. The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
  8. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
  9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  10. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce

Best Dystopians!
  1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
  2. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
  3. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  4. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
  5. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
  6. Under the Never Sky by Jennifer Bosworth
  7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  8. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  10. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  11. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  12. Matched & Crossed by Ally Condie
  13. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  14. Legend by Marie Lu
  15. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  16. Gone by Michael Grant
  17. Heir Apperant by Vivian Vande Velde

The Final top 10 will be posted tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. It's ben one heck of a year, that's for sure. I didn't know they were doing a Mortal Instruments film - love that series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such good taste in books. I'm a new follower! (I thought I was... Don't know what took me so long.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanderer!! I loved her, too :)
    And I'm super excited for the Warm Bodies movie. Loved the book sooo much.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!