Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (11)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Gifted:
What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.

This is a dazzling debut that will steal readers' hearts.
I read this one already, and I really enjoyed it. Plus, just look at the cover! It's the most beautiful color!

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.
I've read this one too and I absolutely loved it. The characters were amazing and I'm always fascinated by the idea of time travel.

Elysia is created in a laboratory, born as a sixteen-year-old girl, an empty vessel with no life experience to draw from. She is a Beta, an experimental model of a teenage clone. She was replicated from another teenage girl, who had to die in order for Elysia to exist.

Elysia's purpose is to serve the inhabitants of Demesne, an island paradise for the wealthiest people on earth. Everything about Demesne is bioengineered for perfection. Even the air induces a strange, euphoric high, which only the island's workers--soulless clones like Elysia--are immune to.
At first, Elysia's life is idyllic and pampered. But she soon sees that Demesne's human residents, who should want for nothing, yearn. But for what, exactly? She also comes to realize that beneath the island's flawless exterior, there is an under-current of discontent among Demesne's worker clones. She knows she is soulless and cannot feel and should not care--so why are overpowering sensations cloud-ing Elysia's mind?

If anyone discovers that Elysia isn't the unfeeling clone she must pretend to be, she will suffer a fate too terrible to imagine. When her one chance at happi-ness is ripped away with breathtaking cruelty, emotions she's always had but never understood are unleashed. As rage, terror, and desire threaten to overwhelm her, Elysia must find the will to survive.

The first in a dazzlingly original science fiction series from best-selling author Rachel Cohn, "Beta "is a haunting, unforgettable story of courage and love in a cor-rupted world. Praise for Beta "A terrific premise that is equally well executed...Readers can only hope [the sequel] will be as thrilling as this series kickoff."--Los Angles Times

The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.

Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.

Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.

Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

I should not exist. But I do.Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.


What books did you get this week?


Also, I'm now doing sign-ups for Blogger Interviews! I'd love to interview you! To learn more, check out my post, Blogger Interview Sign-Ups and send me an e-mail!

67 comments:

  1. OOh nice!! Black City is the only one I read! I enjoyed that one! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't like The Kill Order as much as Maze Runner, but I did like it. Enjoy! My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much I'll like it, but since it's James Dashner, I'm sure I'll love it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard about Lucid but that is one cover I would love to be on my shelf. Nice haul! :D Haven't uploaded my StS yet, oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty amazing. I guess I'd recommend it. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul! I'm really jealous of Black City and Lucid - I really want to read those. I've heard great things about The Maze Runner series but I've never read it, so I'll have to get to that soon. Thanks for sharing!

    Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to read it sometime. ;)

      Delete
  5. I can't wat to read Beta!!! enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading it right now and it's pretty good so far!

      Delete
  6. Amazing books! I have Beta, Time Between Us and I'm reading Black City now (loving it).

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I got Time Between Us last week and supposedly it's uh-mazing!! So yeah, excited of that one:) Heard mixed things about Beta, but everyone has their own taste, I hope you'll enjoy it though:) Happy reading, Krystianna!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying Beta so far. It has a pretty cool sci-fi vibe, which I really like. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I want to read The Kill Order so freaking bad!!! I'm 3/4 of the way through the Maze Runner right now and book 2 is in the mail. Doing a Goodreads buddy read of that one in February. I'm going to have to hide it or something because if I have to look at it everyday, there's no way I'll be able to wait until Feb to read it. Love the series!!! Do you know where to get Thomas's First Memory of the Flare? It's book 1.5 on Goodreads and I can't find it online anywhere. I want to read it so bad!! lol. Obsessed with this series, I think :)

    Happy reading, thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally obsessed too... I think I still am! I'm guessing that it's probably an e-book only, if it's like a novella or something.

      Delete
  9. Awesome haul! Ooh, you got Black City! I've had that book on my wishlist for a while, I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading, and thanks so much for stopping by my post earlier! =D

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good books! My sister received Lucid so I'll probably have to read it at some point. Hope you enjoy all of your lovely books

    Sarah @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it. :)

      Delete
  11. Such great books this week! I have e-galleys of Time Between Us and What's Left of Me that I haven't gotten to yet, but really want to read. And Black City is one I own but also haven't gotten to!

    Enjoy your books, and Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your books are already on my TBR pile! I'm especially excited about The Time Between us - I LOVE time travel stories:)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! So many of these are on my TBR list- I especially want to read Time Between Us and Beta. Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am currently reading Beta & it's really good so far!

      Delete
  14. Nice haul! Time Between Us sounds so good. Adding it to my TBR list. I need to finish the Maze Runner series. I've only read the first book. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I absolutely love the Maze Runner series. I think that the last book would have to be my favorite.

      Delete
  15. These are all awesome!! I can't wait to read Black City... I've heard such good things about it! Same with Lucid. And i LOVE the covers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my STS post! These look so good! I can't wait to see your reviews for them. I've had The Time Between Us on my wishlist for forever so I'm interested to see if you think it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reecently posted my review... I think it was yesterday. :)

      Delete
  17. Wow, great Stacking The Shelves post! :D I really want to get my hands on; Beta, What's Left Of Me and The Kill Order. ^.^
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucid, Black City, and What's Left of Me...All books on my must read list, among many. I am looking forward to your review. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous of all the books you got! They all sound amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just finished Black City the other night, and it was pretty good. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm, these are looking great! I borrowed TIME BETWEEN US from the public library, I have an ARC of BLACK CITY somewhere, and I have an ARC and finished copy of BETA.... somewhere. Have fun reading! <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, looks like you got some amazing books! I'm really excited for What's Left of Me, Time Between Us and Beta. Hope you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Kill Order by James Dashner or Katya's world by Jonathon L. Howard both are Dystopian books that start with "K" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these are incredible. I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't know where to start, most of them are on my wishlist! Great stack!
    Happy reading and thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. O my word, Krystianna, I'm so jealous!!!! I want The Kill Order sooo badly!! What a great stack! My Stack
    Hey, do you have to have a certain amount of followers for the blogger interviews?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog a couple times lately :), it's really encouraging!

    Emilee from Fantastical Paper Realm

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh wow!!! What a great haul!! I want to read Black City!! I've seen so many bloggers talking about it, I've got to get my hands on it soon!!!

    Happy Reading!
    ~Kayla
    The Ramblings of a Toddler’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  28. :O I LOVED Black City and Time between Us. The Kill Order was pretty good! Beta & Lucid look interesting. So MUCH AWESOME!

    -Great books this week Krystianna! =D
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My StS]

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great haul! I have several of those titles in my TBR piles, just haven't read them yet. Love the sound of Lucid! I really enjoyed What's Left of Me, so I hope you like it too!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your reviews, and am a new follower. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great haul this week!! I have Beta to read as well.. looks really good! and I just love the cover for Black City! So eye-catching :) I've also always wanted to check out that James Dashner series.. but way too many books to read as it is... ;) lol

    Thanks for stopping by my StS!

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have heard great things about Beta and Black City. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What great books. I want to read all of these to. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome list, I think I own or have read most of them! :) I loved Lucid!

    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  34. There's so many great books here! Yay you! I hope you really enjoy them!
    Thanks for stopping by My STS!
    Happy Reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
  35. I enjoyed Time Between Us and Beta and hope you do too.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just preordered Beta! I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy all your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing haul! All but one we've read and enjoyed. I need to read the Dashner books! Hope you enjoy all that you got! Happy New Year and happy reading!

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've always wanted to read Lucid & The Kill Order. What's Left of Me was so good! (:
    I'm starting Black City so far and well, I have mixed feelings about what I've read.
    Thanks for stopping by my STS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Black City and Whats Left of me looks so good. Can't wait to see what you think of them :)
    old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/stacking-shelves-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. I thought What's Left of Me was a really interesting read.
    Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for stopping by my STS! You had a great book week! I liked What's Left of Me, the POV and concept for the book was intriguing. I'm also looking forward to reading Beta and Lucid. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awesome haul!!! I want to read Black City so badly... I've been seeing it everywhere and want it more and more, lol. I haven't read What's Left of Me yet even though it was super anticipated... the cover is awesome! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week & thanks so much for stopping by my StS :)

    Happy Holidays & New Year!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome Haul!!!! Congrats on all the books. Black City is on my list of books to read one day. Haven't heard of the rest of them but I have seen Beta around the bookstores lately.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the covers of Lucid and What's Left of me! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow O_O you got so many awesome books!! Time Between Us, Beta, and Black City have all been on my TBR for a while. Hope you enjoy and happy holidays! :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Time Between Us and Black City were really great books!! I really hope you enjoy all your books, and I read The Maze Runner the other day and I haven't gotten the chance to read the next books yet.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  47. So many awesome books! Black City! Beta!

    I actually have a lot of these ... how pathetic is it that I still haven't read them, though?

    *headdesk*

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great haul!
    Time Between Us and Beta are on my TBR so glad you've enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!