Saturday, December 22, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (10)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.


Image found here.
Only one book this week, but I'm super excited to read it!

For Review: Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill

In a world where collective hives are enslaving the population and individuals have been hunted to the verge of extinction, Maggie Harper, and independent 21st Century woman, must find the strength to preserve the freedom of the future, but without the aid of her memories.

After experiencing a traumatic time loss, Maggie is plagued by a barrage of images she can't explain. When she's attacked by a creep with a spider's web tattoo, she is saved by Marcus, a man she's never met, but somehow remembers. He tells her that both he and her creepy attacker are from a future in which individuals are being murdered by collectives, and Marcus is part of the rebellion. The collectives have acquired time travel and they plan to enslave the human race throughout all of history. The flashes Maggie has been seeing are echoes of lost memories, and the information buried deep within them is instrumental in defeating the collective hives.

In order to preserve the individuality of mankind, Maggie must try to re-discover stolen memories, re-kindle friendships she has no recollection of, and wade through her feelings for the mysterious Marcus, all while dodging the tattooed assassins the collectives keep sending her way.

If Maggie can't fill the holes in her memory and find the answers to stop the collectives, the world both in her time and in all ages past and future will be doomed to enslavement in the grey, mediocre collectives. As the danger swirls around her and the collectives close in, Maggie realizes she must make a choice: stand out or fade away...

*New Adult futuristic dystopian fantasy
I already started reading this novel and I'm really enjoying it so far! I can't wait to find out what happens next.
**Thank you so much Liesel!**

What books did you get this week?

Happy early holidays!!

32 comments:

  1. Looks exciting! I love end of the world type of books. Glad you are enjoying it so far.
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this but it sounds really interesting, the future world aspect reminds me of the show Continuum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I got this too! I'm a fan of the new adult genre, so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds intense! I may need to read it, I look forward to seeing your review when you're done!

    Thanks for coming by and commenting on my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id be super excited to read this too. It sounds great! Plus, its a dystopian which makes it even better!

    http://siriusyareader.blogspot.com/2012/12/stacking-shelves_22.html (my STS)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds great! I hope you enjoy it :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice! Hope you enjoy that one!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooohhh that looks like such a good book :). Can't wait to see what you think of it.
    old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh... that one sounds so good, very creepy! I always fill my TBR when I visit your StS, lol. A lot of books I hear about first from your blog - thanks :)

    Thanks for stopping by my StS as well & Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that. :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this one. Hope its great.
    Happy reading and have a happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds right up my alley! Thank you for introducing me to this book, Krystianna! :D

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this around but never read the description properly before. It sounds GOOD. It's reassuring to hear you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of this one, but what a CREEPY cover! Looks interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this title before but it sounds really interesting! Can't wait to see what you think =D

    Thanks for stopping by my STS and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this book before. I'll be interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have a review up next month.

      Delete
  16. I haven't read this book, but it sounds interesting. I hope you love it! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!