Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Top 12 of 2012

Here's the final list of my top 12 of 2012.

12. Blood Red Road by Moira Young The story was amazing and I loved how adventurous Saba was. There is so much to explore in this world and I'm sure we'll get even more in Rebel Hearts.

11. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray This is the only contemporary that made my list... and with good reasons. It was absolutely hilarious and the writing was exceptional. The characters were really fun to read about as well. It was just so funny!!
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver I loved this world that Oliver created. I can't wait to read Pandemonium because I've heard that it's even BETTER.

9. Matched by Ally Condie The Society is really fun to learn about and Cassia, Ky, and Xander are really interesting characters. I'm super sad to see this amazing series end.

8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis I loved the setting of this book: on a space ship in outer space. It was like a futuristic mystery with great characters and an even greater love interest.

7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin This book was fantastic. The unreliable protagonist just made it even better. Plus Mr. Shaw was great because he's British!
6. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse The island that Alenna was forced onto was really interesting. There was so much lurking on the island that it reminded me of three of my favorite books: The Maze Runner by James Dashner, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I highly recommend it.

5. The Death Cure by James Dashner Though this was the last book in the series, it is probably my favorite. There were so many unanswered questions in the end that it made me love the novel even more. I still imagine what happened after the ending.

4. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi I absolutely loved the world building in this novel. We got the full story of how it got to be the way it is, which I greatly appreciate. The characters were amazing as well and I loved how they developed powers over time.

3. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth I loved the whole lightning addict concept, mostly because I love science. It was really interesting to learn about something that you usually wouldn't hear much about. I'm not sure if it's part of a series, but I kind of hope it is.

2. Awaken by Katy Kacvinsky I'm currently rereading this one, and I'm liking it even more the second time. The characters are great and the world is even greater. I love how the world is obsessed with technology, because it could possibly happen in this world.

1. The Selection by Kiera Cass This book was OUTSTANDING. The characters, the caste system, the whole princess thing, it all just made me love it even more. The cover is absolutely gorgeous as well. This was a very unique novels with an outstanding world with caste systems. I'd give it as many stars as I possibly can.


Honorable Mentions:

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi I absolutely loved Juliette and Adam. The enemy was really pretty cool as well. It was interesting because he was a different kind of villain: he actually loved the protagonist.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman This world was insanely creepy. I think that's what I liked most about it. Plus, there are multiple POVs so you really can connect with each character.

Tempest by Julie Cross I absolutely love time travel, and this is probably my favorite time travel novel. Instead of moving to the future, our protagonist gets trapped in the past.

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout I haven't read many alien novels besides this one and I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. This one was really interesting because the main character actually had her own book blog, so it was really relatable!

Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London I loved this one because it was a futuristic vampire apocalypse type thing. The humans lived in a walled-in town and the vampires live outside.

The Hunt by J.A. London This is another vampire dystopian, which I really like. Our protagonist in this novel pretends to be a human because there aren't many humans left. He must do everything the way a vampire does because the moment he slips up, he could be a goner.


What were your 2012 favorites?

21 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I totally agree with you about The Selection. Even though so many people hated it I'm glad there's someout out there that loved it as much as me! And Shatter Me was so good too! I <3 Adam!!!!!

    ~Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to find someone that liked it as much as I did as well. :D

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of books to read! I've only read two of the books on your list. I just finished making my top books of 2013 list. I had a hard time choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matched, Across the Universe, and the Selection are among some of my favorite reads of 2012, as well! I'm still hesitant to officially narrow it down to 12, though, because I have books like The Fault in Our Stars, Blood Red Road, and Shadow and Bone still on my 2012 TBR pile. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated narrowing it down to 10, so I cheated and made it 12 with honorable mentions. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved Shatter me, under the ever sky, monstrous beauty and shadow and bone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to read Shadow & Bone, though I have heard really amazing things about it.

      Delete
  5. I love pretty much all the books on this list. I never read blood red road for two reasons. 1. I heard there were no quotation marks and the dialogue was slang mostly. and 2. literally every time I went to look for it at the library or B&N it wasn't there! Also, I just started Crescendo tonight. It's alright so far. Reminds me a lot of Twilight still. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were no quotations, but I got used to it after a while. I pretty much couldn't notice after I was like 50 pages in.

      Delete
  6. I've actually read and enjoyed most of these books as well. It's so cool seeing everyone's list (and a good reminder to me to start working on mine!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing everyone's list as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Great pick of books :) I have added most of them to my TBR pile and I cannot wait to get started on Shatter Me.
    ~Daniel~
    http://bookomatic.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Selection was really great, wasn't it? lots of drama! Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved Across The Universe, Matched, Delirium, Shatter Me, Darkness Before Dawn, Obsidian, and Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I didn't like The Selection at all so I must say I'm surprised to see it as your number 1! I liked Aspen though. So many seem to prefer Maxon but I hated him. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tempest! The Hunt! ❤❤
    And I'm dying to read the 2nd books of both of these series.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!