Monday, December 31, 2012

My Momentous Month (6)

*Note: If you'd like to try out this meme, feel free! If you do, please link back to my blog and leave a link in the comments so that I can check yours out! If you wish, you can also grab my button that I attempted to make (I know, I know, it's pretty bad. I'll try to make a better one soon!) or you can make your own.*
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!
Books Read in December 2012
  1. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
  2. Moonglow by Michael Griffo
  3. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
  4. Dare to Dream: Life as One Direction by One Direction
  5. Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill
  6. Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
  7. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
  8. Beta by Rachel Cohn

Reviews Posted in December 2012
  • The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  • Annexed by Sharon Dogar
  • The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
  • Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard
  • Fathomless by Jackson Pearce
  • The Host by Stephanie Meyer
  • Life as One Direction by One Direction
  • Enclave by Ann Aguirre
  • Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
  • Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass

To Be Read for January 2013
Since I never follow by tbr, I guess this could just be books that I'd like to read at the moment.
  1. Black City by Elizabeth Richards
  2. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
  3. The Kill Order by James Dashner
  4. Tempest by Julie Cross (Reread)
  5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Reread)
  6. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  7. Wither (reread) & Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Favorite Book of the Month
I'm going to have to go with Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill. It was absolutely amazing. It was my kind of dystopian, most definitely.
Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill
Paranormal Romance Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass
Contemporary N/A
Steampunk N/A
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy Moonglow by Michael Griffo

Science Fiction Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (It's time travel... which I consider sci-fi)

Favorite Cover of the Month
 
This cover is gorgeous! I love the color of it and I also like how it's a little blurry in spots... just like lucid dreaming.
Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Bennett Cooper from Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Female It's a tie. It's between Maggie from Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill and Elysia from Beta by Rachel Cohn.
Favorite Setting/World of the Month
This is a no-brainer. Of course the futuristic world that Liesel K. Hill created in Persistence of Vision! How could I not choose it? It's very sciencey and some people have special powers. There's even time travel.

What were your favorites of the month?

6 comments:

  1. Think this sounds like a really cool meme...I will have to keep it in mind for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to read Black City in January as well-I love the gorgeous cover and am excited to find out what it contains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading it and it's pretty good so far. I hope you enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Have I mentioned how much I love this meme? Out of all the monthly wrap-up thingies I find this the most informative. Anyway, I participated in December again here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2013/01/my-momentous-month.html
    Oh, and I'm soo jealous you read Lucid! Hehe, I've been meaning to read that book for months now but it just won't fit in my TBR pile :/
    Happy New Year,
    the Booksmartie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a real lot to me. :) I'll be sure to visit your post!

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!