Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Momentous Month (5)

*Note: If you'd like to try out this meme, feel free! If you do, please link back to my blog and leave a link in the comments so that I can check yours out! If you wish, you can also grab my button that I attempted to make (I know, I know, it's pretty bad. I'll try to make a better one soon!) or you can make your own.*
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!
Books Read in November 2012
  1. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
  2. Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard
  3. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce
  4. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
  5. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  7. Revived by Cat Patrick
Reviews Posted in November 2012
To Be Read for December 2012
  1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
  2. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
  3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  4. Moonglow by Michael Griffo
  5. FINISH the Maximum Ride series
  6. Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard
Favorite Book of the Month
My favorite book of the month would have to be Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It was much more different than what I expected it to be. It was utterly amazing.

Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Paranormal Romance The Host by Stephanie Meyer (it's like a paranormal/dystopian mix)
Contemporary Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard
Steampunk N/A
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy Fathomless by Jackson Pearce

Favorite Cover of the Month

This cover is absolutely gorgeous. It's even prettier in real life! It definitely symbolizes the story as well. Every time I look at it I notice something different.

Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Perry from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. He's really original and one-of-a-kind. I've never read about a character like him before.
Female Alenna from The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse. She reminds me a lot of Thomas from the Maze Runner series by James Dashner.

Favorite Setting/World of the Month
I'd definitely have to go with the world that Stephanie Meyer created in The Host. The world-building was great. I always felt like I was right there with all of the characters. It was unbelievable.

What were your favorites of the month?

6 comments:

  1. I like this meme idea! I might try this out myself in January. Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll have to agree about that cover-so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a really cool meme! ;) I'm gonna start doing this at the end of December. ;) Is there a sign up list thing?

    Cindy @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a sign-up list, but you can just leave your link whenever you make the post. :D

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!