Sunday, December 9, 2012

Downright Discussion: Story-Tellers


The other day I started thinking about how I like my stories to be when I read them. There are stories where you actually see everything through the character's eyes, and then there are the stories where you're just following the character around and the word "I" is rarely used.

I personally enjoy reading books through the main character's eyes. That way you know exactly what they are feeling and I feel like I am actually that person experiencing everything that they feel. I usually know a character earlier if I read books like this. I do like books told in different ways too though. When I read books like this, I really start to feel like I'm best friends with the main character, which I really like.

How do you like your stories to be told?

8 comments:

  1. I have noticed myself preferring first-person narrative to other styles lately probably due to all the YA I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do prefer first person narratives think it adds more mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that, but you're right!

      Delete
  3. I like first person intimate narratives as well, mostly because they do let you connect to the character that much quicker. :) It's like being another person for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer 1st persona narratives if there is really only one main character to follow. But I also enjoy 3rd person tales when there are a large number of characetrs and epic story lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess I'd have to agree with you!

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!