Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Recommendation (4): Holiday/Winter Reads!

As I've mentioned before, I've decided to start doing book recommendations. These will be done at random times. I'll group my recommendations by cover color, genre, or even base them off an author!

This week, I decided to recommend some great Holiday/Winter Reads, since of course, Christmas was this week! I've got quite a lot of recommendations, so let's get started!


The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater
Shiver, Linger, and Forever
This series is a perfect winter read. Stiefvater created werewolves that only change when it's cold outside, hence the winter theme. We follow Sam, a werewolf, and Grace, a human, as they fall in love. Grace always had a fascination with the wolves so of course she couldn't help but fall in love with them, especially when she found out that Sam was one of them. I've only read the first two books, mostly because I really don't want the series to end!


The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa
The Iron King, The Iron Queen, The Iron Daughter, and The Iron Knight
The Iron Fey series is, of course, a fae series. I'd say that this is a winter read because the covers remind me a lot of winter, plus there are some winter elements involved in the story. I've only read the first book, but I'm hoping to buy and read the rest of the series soon enough.


Matched by Ally Condie
I love reading dystopians during the winter. I don't know why, but I tend to enjoy them more when I read them in the colder months. Matched was one of the first dystopians that I read, and I absolutely loved it. There is a Society that pretty much controls everything that everyone does and eats, so what happens when it's defied? Cassia will find out.







Delirium by Lauren Oliver
This is another dystopian read that I absolutely love. This one is all about love. By looking at the cover, I'm automatically reminded of winter. This is definitely a great read to cozy up by the fire with. It was more of a fluffy read, right up until the cliff hanger ending. I instantly fell in love with the characters and I'm sure you will too.







Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This is a sci-fi that takes place in outer space, which is one of the best settings imaginable. There is love and much to explore. It's super fun exploring the ship with Amy as she slowly unravels many answers to the mystery aboard the ship. A great winter read, just because it's absolutely amazing!








Tempest by Julie Cross
Ahh, time travel... one of my favorite sub-genres. This one happens to be a time travel love story. After witnessing the death of the girl he loves, Jackson is thrown back into the past. It just so happens that his girlfriend is still alive at this time. This book was so good and I was constantly wondering what was going to happen next. It was that good. I'm super excited for Vortex!






Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
This was an anticipated read of mine for 2012 and I was not disappointed. It's another epic love story that involves time travel, except in this one, the two lovers happen to be from two completely different years. Annie is from 1995 while Bennett is from 2012. It was absolutely amazing and my heart was even torn once, which doesn't happen often to me. Highly recommended!







What are some of your favorite holiday reads? Have you ever read any of these before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!