Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Book Recommendation (3): Must-Read Dystopians

As I've mentioned before, I've decided to start doing book recommendations. These will be done at random times. I'll group my recommendations by cover color, genre, or even base them off an author!
There are many well-known dystopians, but there are many that I love that I feel more people need to check out. Therefore, today I'm sharing Must-Read Lesser-Known Dystopians!
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
As soon as I read this book, I knew that it would be a new favorite. What I loved most about this book was the what-if? aspect. Our protagonist is Maddy. In her world, everything is done on the computer. People don't even speak face-to-face. It's mostly unheard of. When Maddy finally decides to break out of the box and talk with others, she finds out about a rebellion and whole other world that she didn't even know about. It's really interesting because you'll never know if this is what our life is coming to.
 
Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
Darkness Before Dawn is a futuristic vampire novel. This book was two of my favorite things! We follow Dawn as she finds out what her world is really hiding. Dawn ends up having to be the speaker for her people. What this means is that she must speak with the vampire king every month to make sure that things are under control. Vampires run rampant in Dawn's world, and things suddenly end up getting out of line. Dawn must learn to make it better while slowly falling in love with the vampire king's son.
 
Starters by Lissa Price
In the world of Starters, teens have the option to donate their bodies to agencies who will let elders take control of it for however long they want. If you are the teen, you are neither dead or alive during the whole thing. You really just aren't there. After Callie, an orphan, decides that she should try this so she can earn some money. After an elder rents her body for a month and something goes wrong, Callie must learn to cope and survive in the world while pretending to be someone else. This book was really good. It was a really unique and interesting concept!

7 comments:

  1. Nice :D I haven't heard of these before and it looks interesting enough. Thank you for the post and for visiting my TTT. I followed you <3 :*

    Faye @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of all these books! I have Starters sitting on the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree with Startes - man, how that one caught me by surprise! I expected pretty much nothing and got an action-packed, captivating read! Cannot wait for Enders!! Oh, and I have to check out those other two books you mentioned - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. @Bungle-You should definitely check it out!

      @Divergent Gryffindor-Awaken is definitely worth the read.

      @Book Smartie-I definitely ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!