Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (8)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
 
From the author of the acclaimed Archangel Academy vampire trilogy comes a stunning new series about a girl determined to defy her fate—and reclaim her future…

Something strange is going on with Dominy Robineau. All her friends in Weeping Water, Nebraska, have noticed—and it’s way beyond teenage blues. As weeks pass, Dom grows consumed by anger, aggression, and violence, and she seems powerless to stop it. Then she turns sixteen, and things get really dangerous.

When her best friend is murdered, Dominy’s father is compelled to reveal the truth behind the darkness that threatens to both overtake and empower her. Her boyfriend, Caleb, swears they’ll find a way to change her destiny. But others are hiding secrets too, and gifts that are far more terrifying than hers. And even as she struggles to control her new abilities, Dom must contend with an enemy who wants her to use the beast within to destroy all those she loves, before she destroys herself…

Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.

Nick and Allie don't survive the car accident...
...but their souls don't exactly get where they're supposed to get either. Instead, they're caught halfway between life and death, in a sort of limbo known as Everlost: a shadow of the living world, filled with all the things and places that no onger exist. It's a magical, yet dangerous place where bands of lost children run wild and anyone who stands in the same place too long sinks to the center of the Earth.



When they find Mary, the self-proclaimed queen of lost kids, Nick feels like he he's found a home, but allie isn't satisfied spending eternity between worlds. Against all warnings, Allie begins learning the "Criminal Art" of haunting, and ventures into dangerous territory, where a monster called the McGill threatens all the souls of Everlost.



In this imaginative novel, Neal Shusterman explores questions of life, death, and what just might lie in between.

On the run . . .

Elena Gilbert's love, the vampire Stefan Salvatore, has been captured and imprisoned by demonic spirits who are wreaking havoc in Fell's Church. While her friends Bonnie and Meredith explore the evil that has taken over their town, Elena goes in search of Stefan.

In order to find him, she entrusts her life to Stefan's brother, Damon Salvatore, the handsome but deadly vampire who wants Elena, body and soul. Along with her childhood friend Matt, they set out for the slums of the Dark Dimension, where Stefan is being held captive. It is rumored to be a world where vampires and demons roam free, but humans must live enslaved to their supernatural masters. . . .

Elena will stop at nothing to free Stefan. Yet with each passing day the tension between Elena and Damon grows, and she is faced with a terrible decision: Which brother does she really want?

Back in Fell's Church, Bonnie and Meredith have made some dire discoveries. They hastily try to follow Elena and warn her--only to be caught up in Elena's most dangerous adventure yet.

The Circle's power has lured her home. . . .

Forced to move from sunny California to gloomy New England, Cassie longs for her old life. Even so, she feels a strange kinship to a terrifying group of teens who seem to rule her school. Initiated into the coven of witches that's controlled New Salem for hundreds of years, she's drawn into the Secret Circle, a thrill that's both intoxicating and deadly. But when she falls for the mysterious and intriguing Adam, Cassie must choose whether to resist temptation or risk dark forces to get what she wants--even if it means that one wrong move could ultimately destroy her.


What books did you buy/receive this week? Tell me in the comments!

44 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Fathomless when I get my hands on it. Moonglow, Everlost and The Secret Circle sound interesting. I look forward to your reviews. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! They all look great, I have been wanting to read Fathomless myself! Thanks for stopping by A Library is Infinity Under a Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! Everlost sounds really intriguing; I'll definitely look into that one. Enjoy your new books, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Fathomless and Everlost and enjoyed them both. Hope you do too! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Vampire Diaries and loved it! Hope you do as well.
    Everlost and The Secret Circle are sitting on my shelves waiting to be read, maybe I'll get around to them soon.
    Hope you enjoy all of the great books you got and thanks for stopping by my post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some interesting reads. I've read Neal Shusterman's Unwind series but not Everlost. And I have The Vampire Diaries sitting on my shelves, but I really enjoy the tv show. Anyways, great haul!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fathomless and Everlost sound really interesting. I will have to add those two to be TBR list.

    I read the first Secret Circle book and thought it was OK. I liked the show more and am sad that they cancelled it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of Moonglow before. That one sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy Fathomless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everlost looks good!
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Great Haul! I just seen The Secret Circle on Netflix... I didn't know it was a book too! I'll have to check that out!

    Thanks for stopping by my haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heart the cover for Moonglow. Hope you enjoy reading it.
    Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well that is a nice, respectable book haul! I have Fathomless, but haven't gottten around to reading it yet. Enjoy!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to read Moonglow! Thanks for sharing, I had never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't really heard about Moonglow bu the cover is captivating-hope the contents are as good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, good haul. I hear L.J. Smith's books are very addicting, just like the tv shows! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read anything from your books, unfortunately, but about the Secret Circle.. Well.. I'm kind of bummed they canceled the show, it was just getting interesting. But.. Whatever. I hope the action in books takes up sooner and you'll end up enjoying them all in this series:)

    Thank you for visiting,
    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm definitely adding Everlost to my list of books to read! Thanks for saying hi on my blog earlier, and for your thoughts on some of the books I picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually haven't read any of these books! I have heard of Moonglow and Fathomless though. And of course, I've heard of The Vampire Diaries but I haven't read it *hides*.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Ashley @ Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOh nice!! I haven't heard of that first one, but the rest I know of! Never did read L.J.'s Secret Circle series, but I adored her Vampire Diaries--the original four books at least! Her first trilogy that released many years later wasn't too bad either! Which I see is what you're reading! Hope you enjoy all your fab new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed The Secret Circle series and Fathomless sounds really good! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never read or watched TVD. I KNOW. For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the cover of Moonglow! I hadn't seen it before! Enjoy your new books! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Eeee TVD (I've never actually read the books, but I love the show) You got some really awesome books this week, and thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that's a lot of great books! I haven't seen Moonglow and it looks really good. The Secret Circle looks great too. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brill haul this week! I love the look of Moonglow and Fathomless. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, those are some gorgeous book covers! :D I really want to read the Secret Circle by L.J Smith, I've heard it's great! Great haul and thanks for sharing. ^.^

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it! :3

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great haul! I read the first book in Griffo's Archangel Academy series and really liked it, so I'm curious about Moonglow and will be looking out for your review of it :)
    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    Carmen @ Shelfspace Needed

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great haul! Moonglow's cover is stunning! I'll be interested to hear more about it :) Thanks again for checking out my post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Everlost. Neal Shusterman is just awesome. Thinking about Bruiser still makes me want to cry and it's been a year since I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I actually love the LJ Smith books, sort of a guilty pleasure lol. The rest of the books sound awesome too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fathomless sounds great and I've never heard of Everlost but it sunds so intriguing! I'm checking into that one!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  33. I see a lot of people talking about the Unwind series and they love it, I have yet to read any of Schustermans books. I hope you love all the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dude. FATHOMLESS. I don't think that I have to say anything more--I can't wait to read that book. (:

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have yet to read the Vampire Diaries series or watch the show (Because it's a love triangle), but people are obsessive about them. Fathomless looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many great books that you got this week. I really need to catch up on The Vampire Diaries, I love the first couple of them and the show!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like the cover of Moonglow and have been meaning to read The Secret Circle! So sad it got cancelled on CW =(

    Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've been seeing Fathomless at every bookstore I go to. Is it good? I'm not sure if I want to read it. I guess I need some opinions about it first. :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great haul. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Everlost looks really good! I've been on the lookout for that one for awhile now. Moonglow on the other hand is freaking me out because it's cover is reminding me of the cover for Fury by Elizabeth Miles. They aren't totally the same but gosh they are similar. O.O

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Heey, Everlost was really good! I never read the other two books, but I liked that one! And Fathomless looks pretty good. Can't believe I never picked it up before!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ohh Moonglow sounds really great!! I have been wanting to read Fathomless. I haven't really heard much about it though. Everlost sounds interesting too. I never got into The Vampire Diaries or Secret Circle. Great haul!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy all your new books!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. There are a lot of great books this week! I love LJ Smith, she's awesome:) Thanks for stopping by my STS!
    Cheers
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've read Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce, but not Sweetly or Fathomless. I really need to catch up though because Sisters Red was sooooo good!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!