Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Momentous Month (4)

*Note: If you'd like to try out this meme, feel free! If you do, please link back to my blog and leave a link in the comments so that I can check yours out! If you wish, you can also grab my button that I attempted to make (I know, I know, it's pretty bad. I'll try to make a better one soon!) or you can make your own.*
 
 
 
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!
 
Books Read in October 2012
  1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  4. Elixir by Hilary Duff
  5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
It looks like I didn't read that much this month, but I combined what I read the other half of the month with my September wrap-up, since I wrote it in the middle of October.

Reviews Posted in October 2012
To Be Read for November 2012
This month, I'm going to try to read some 2012 releases and I'm going to try to finish the Maximum Ride series.
  1. FINISH Revive by Cat Patrick
  2. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
  3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  4. Me, and Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
  5. Fang by James Patterson
  6. FINISH Max by James Patterson
  7. Angel by James Patterson
  8. Nevermore by James Patterson
It's a lot, but I'm up for the challenge.

Favorite Book of the Month
From this half of the month, my favorite book was Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I loved how the main character had her own book blog-she was very relatable.

Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Paranormal Romance Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Contemporary Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Steampunk N/A
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy N/A

Favorite Cover of the Month
My favorite cover of the month is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. The cover is really simple and I love the green.



Favorite Characters of the Month
Female Katy from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout- Out of all the books I've read so far, Katy is definitely the easiest to relate to. The girl has her own book blog!
Male Connor from Unwind by Neal Shusterman - Connor was really gutsy and I just couldn't believe everything that he had to go through. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in the same world that he does.

Favorite Setting/World of the Month
My favorite world of the month would have to be the world that Neal Shusterman created in Unwind. Shusterman created a dystopian world in which parents can choose to have their children unwound. The child is taken to a harvest camp and their pieces are preserved for others in need. What kind of parent would do something like that to their kid?


19 comments:

  1. You had a great month, I love the Lux series & Katy is one of my fave book characters.

    Shadow & Bone was an enjoyable read & I can't wait to see what you think of The Forsaken, I really want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved The Forsaken; I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Cool meme! I read Obsidian a few months ago and unfortunately I wasn't crazy about it. How was Elixir? I don't know much about it but I've heard of it!

    I absolutely ADORED Shadow and Bone. I was iffy about it going into it because I felt like the blurb didn't give me much to work with, but it totally blew me away! I hope you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I thought Thirteen Reasons Why was okay, but I didn't like it as much as I expected to. I'm psyched to check out Shadow and Bone. New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am really liking you meme!! Yay I loved Obsidian as well, Kat is actually one of the reasons I started to blog! 8) Looks like you got a lot of books read last month. I am so behind on ALL of my reading...stupid college. haha Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the awesome comment. 8) Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you sort out your month and what is coming next! So organized lol! It looks like you had a wonderful Oct and Nov looks like it will be the same =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. Very interesting! I liked how detailed it was. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool to hear about Katy having a book blog-it makes me like her and gets me interested in the book even though I haven't been much up to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girl in Obsidian has a book blog??? Oh man I must read that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this feature, it's great to recap for readers who may have missed some of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Elixir was pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!