Thursday, November 29, 2012

Great Expectations (3)

If you've seen my post about what's in store for everyone on the blog, then you most definitely know about this. If you haven't seen the post, here's what Great Expectations is. Great Expectations is going to be a new meme hosted here at Downright Dystopian. I think I'll host it on Thursdays, every other week.

If you'd like to join in on this meme, just please link back to me and leave a link to your post in the comments! I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

Great Expectations will be a weekly meme where you talk about a book that has had a lot of hype. You then proceed to talk about whether you believe it should've had all that hype. After that, you can talk about a recent read that you loved to try to give it some hype.

The Hype
A book I recently read that had a lot of hype was Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I'd heard nothing but amazing things about it and I couldn't help but read it. Well, I read it, and it was amazing! I couldn't stop reading it after I started it. The characters were really enjoyable to read about and it almost had a Graceling-esque touch to it, which I loved.

Does it deserve all the hype? Of course it does! If you have read Under the Never Sky then you definitely understand. For those of you who haven't read it yet, go read it! I highly recommend it.

Recent Read
I recently read The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse and I absolutely loved it! The characters were so great, especially Liam and Gadya. I really liked how we learned about some of their past as well, because they were only acquaintences to the protagonist, Alenna. Stasse has created an unbelievable world that will really intrigue fans of The Hunger Games, Beauty Queens, and The Maze Runner alike.

3 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about all the buzzing hype of Under the Never Sky. Once I heard all the news I decided that I would read it. Last weekend I finally read it and I could not get enough of it. I'm anxiously waiting for the next book. Luckily the wait isn't to long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this concept :) Hypes catch my attention a lot of times, but they can also ruin books for me. I'm glad you liked Under the Never Sky. I need to read it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I wasn't sure how I liked Under the Never Sky, but then I fell in love with it, especially when Roar showed up. Through the Ever Night should be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!