Thursday, November 15, 2012

Great Expectations (2)

If you've seen my post about what's in store for everyone on the blog, then you most definitely know about this. If you haven't seen the post, here's what Great Expectations is. Great Expectations is going to be a new meme hosted here at Downright Dystopian. I think I'll host it on Thursdays, every other week.

If you'd like to join in on this meme, just please link back to me and leave a link to your post in the comments! I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

Great Expectations will be a weekly meme where you talk about a book that has had a lot of hype. You then proceed to talk about whether you believe it should've had all that hype. After that, you can talk about a recent read that you loved to try to give it some hype.

The Hype

This week, I decided to talk about Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I don't know why I held off reading this book for a while. After I started it, I just couldn't put it down. I also instantly fell in love with all the characters. After reading each character's first chapter, I automatically knew everything about them and I never had to check back to remember who they were. Because of this, I'm definitely going to have to check out more books by Neal Shusterman.

Does this book deserve all the hype? Yes, most definitely! I can definitely see what all the talk is about. I'm also very excited to read Unwholly and meet a whole new batch of Shusterman's characters.


Recent Read
I recently read Revived by Cat Patrick. This book was very unique. I absolutely loved the whole idea of a drug that brings humans back to life. This drug could help tons of people, except the creator, God, has kept this drug from others. He even went as far as to do some bad things to set his whole drug into motion. If you've read the book then you know exactly what I mean!

I'd definitely tell others to read this book. I read it in a span of two days after not reading a book in a while. I definitely highly recommend reading it!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this feature! I'm not usually a fan of hypes and they can really ruin a book (and sometimes movie) for me, but sometimes it's more than deserved! I still haven't read Unwind though it's been sitting on my shelf for months, but I'm very excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!