Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Book Recommendation (2): Green Covers

As I've mentioned before, I've decided to start doing book recommendations. These will be done at random times. I'll group my recommendations by cover color, genre, or even base them off an author!

Today, I'm giving you recommendations on green covers!
Matched by Ally Condie
Matched was actually only the second dystopian book I read! I instantly fell in love with the characters. This was a lighter dystopian, but as the series goes on it gets a little darker as a rebellion ignites. Matched is set in a world where the Society pretty much controls you. It tells you who you're to marry, your job, and it tells you what to eat and when. When the main character, Cassia, receives her tablet that talks about her husband-to-be, another guy pops up before Xander. Cassia goes on a mission and finds that maybe the Society isn't always right.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I read this book right after Matched. In The Maze Runner, Thomas wakes up in a cliff only knowing his name. He has no idea where he is or how he got there. He ends up finding that he is in this little village filled with only guys that is surrounded by a huge maze. Every night, the gate to the maze locks up and tons of these man-eating robots roam around. After Thomas arrives, a girl arrives as well. This is unusual, as the new person usually comes monthly and there has never been a girl before. She brings a special gift that could lead them into survival or doom.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I'm going to say that this book is green because there is grass. There, I said it. There is grass on this cover, therefore it is green. I just had to list this book on here because of it's awesomesauce. In Anna and the French Kiss, we follow Anna as she moves to a new school in Paris. She ends up falling for this guy named St. Clair. The best part of this book: St. Clair is British! I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a fun contemporary that is set in a different culture than your own.




What's your favorite book with a green cover? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Matched so much-that's probably my favorite green cover ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all of these books. Out of all of them, I enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss best. But, The Maze Runner was a really good read too. I wasn't the biggest fan of Matched, but I liked Crossed a lot better. I can't wait from Reached because I just need to know what happened in the end. Nice recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very rarely do I read dystopian novels, but I actually read Matched and right now I'm reading Reached! I love the cover concept of all three books and the colors are just beautiful. I also adore reading Anna the French Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matched sound interesting. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked your green cover recs and saw Matched, and my own comment. Got to put this on my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!