Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Book Recommendation (1): Blue Covers!

As I've mentioned before, I've decided to start doing book recommendations. These will be done at random times. I'll group my recommendations by cover color, genre, or even base them off an author!

Today, I'm giving you recommendations on blue covers!

The Selection by Kiera Cass
As many of you may already know, I absolutely love this book. It's my favorite novel of 2012 so far. It's been that way since April and I haven't liked another book better than this one. The Selection is a dystopian novel about a young girl named America. America ends up getting herself into a competition to marry Prince Maxon. She thinks that she doesn't stand a chance. She was way wrong. I'd highly recommend this novel to anyone who loves dystopians, competitions, and fun reads.
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
This book is about a lightning addict. Mia loves getting struck by lightning. When a prophet says that the world will end and you'll only be safe if you end up being one of his followers, Mia's mother joins them. Mia doesn't know what to do. All she does know is that she may be in love with this boy... who ends up being the prophet's son. This book is recommended to fans of lightning, science, crazy prophets, and dystopians.

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
This was the first zombie novel I've ever read. It was pretty good. The best part was that the ending didn't even give the feeling that the story was over. This book is about a young girl named Sloane. Her sister ran away when she was younger when she promised that she would stay with Sloane. Their father is abusive, which is the main reason why she left. One day while Sloane and her father are inside, these zombie-like humans start banging on the house. Sloane ends up finding other kids in town to try and survive with. She goes to the high school and she spends a few weeks there. She really gets to know these kids as they all try to survive inside the school with whatever rations they have left. When it comes to the point when they really need to leave, they make a plan and try their hardest. Do they all survive? This book is recommended to fans of zombies, dystopians, and characters with horrific pasts.


Thanks for joining me today with my recommendations! I just noticed that they are all dystopians so maybe my next one will be on paranormal romances.

4 comments:

  1. I have read and liked all of these books so I heartily agree with your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think blue isn't a very popular colour for covers but when you list them like this, it IS! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!