Friday, October 19, 2012

My Momentous Month (3)

*Note: If you'd like to try out this meme, feel free! If you do, please link back to my blog and leave a link in the comments so that I can check yours out! If you wish, you can also grab my button that I attempted to make (I know, I know, it's pretty bad. I'll try to make a better one soon!) or you can make your own.*

My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!
 
Sorry that I'm doing this post so late, it's been very busy the past few weeks!

Books Read in September 2012
  1. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
  2. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
  3. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
  4. Wake by Amanda Hocking
  5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  7. Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
  8. Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
Reviews Posted in September 2012

  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • Wake by Amanda Hocking
  • Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  • Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
  • Maximum Ride: The Final Warning by James Patterson
  • Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
To Be Read for October 2012
This month I'm just going to read whatever I feel like. No plan whatsoever!
Favorite Book of the Month
Anna and the French Kiss by Stehpanie Perkins! This book was utterly amazing. I couldn't believe that I liked it so much. I can't wait to dig into Lola and the Boy Next Door!
Favorites in Each Genre
Contemporary Anna and the French Kiss vs. The Fault in Our Stars... I absolutely loved them both but I'm going to have to go with Anna and the French Kiss just because of St. Clair's Englishness and the setting of Paris.
Dystopian Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
Fantasy Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Paranormal Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Steampunk No steampunk was read in 9/12.
Historical Fiction No historical fiction was read either... unless Juliet Immortal can count as that.

Favorite Cover of the Month
Wake by Amanda Hocking


Favorite Characters of the Month
Female: Juliet from Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Male: St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Favorite Setting of the Month
Paris from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I've always wanted to go to Paris and I absolutely loved reading a book with Paris as a setting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!