Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that lets bloggers spotlight upcoming book releases that they're excited for.

This week, once again, I'm excited for 2 novels. The first one is Rebel Heart by Moira Young, which is the sequel to Blood Red Road. This summary will most likely include spoilers for book 1.

"Nothing is certain and no one is safe in the second book in the highly praised Dust Lands trilogy, which MTV's Hollywood Crush blog called "better than "The Hunger Games.""It seemed so simple: Defeat the Tonton, rescue her kidnapped brother, Lugh, and then order would be restored to Saba's world. Simplicity, however, has proved to be elusive. Now, Saba and her family travel west, headed for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But the fight for Lugh's freedom has unleashed a new power in the dust lands, and a formidable new enemy is on the rise.

What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants? In this much-anticipated follow-up to the riveting Blood Red Road," a fierce heroine finds herself at the crossroads of"danger and destiny, betrayal and passion."


Rebel Hearts by Moira Young will be released on October 30, 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry books.

The other novel I'm excited for is Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter.

"She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish."
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter will be released on September 25 by Harlequin Teen.

Photos and summaries were found on Goodreads.com.

12 comments:

  1. I still need to read Blood Red Road! I love zombie so I have been dying for Alice in Zombieland for a long time now!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood Red Road is absolutely amazing. I'd highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited about Rebel Heart as well; I only read Blood Red Road a few months ago so I haven't been waiting as long as others but it's still been a long, hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebel Heart is already out, a few weeks in fact. I've already bought it. So go grab it! I haven't started the series yet, but that's not the point, right? x)
    Great picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Def want to read Alice in Zombieland. Everything with zombies got to be read by moi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHH agreed! I loved Blood Red Road and i cannot wait till the sequel. I want some more Jack. lol and I'm definitely going to read Alice in Zombieland. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I absolutely loved Jack as well. :)

      Delete
  6. I was lucky enough to get a galley of Rebel Heart! Whoo! But yes, Alice in Zombieland looks amazeballs! Thanks for sharing.
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday #38

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy Rebel Heart. :D

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!