Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update on Things + Sneak Peek at What's in Store on the Blog!

Lately I've been brainstorming so many different ideas for the blog. I thought maybe I'd share what's in store with everyone! I'm thinking of trying these out in the possibly near or distant future!

List of Things I'm Thinking About Doing on the Blog:

Survey I've been thinking about having a survey lately so that I can see what everyone thinks of the blog. I also really want to know what things my readers would like to see more of or less of on the blog!

Blogger Interviews There are a lot of bloggers that do interviews and I'd love to be one of them! I think it would be fun to start doing interviews with fellow bloggers. I'd love to get to know more of you and help advertise for your blog!

Blog Makeover I tend to get bored with my blog design a lot! I know that a few people have already noticed that I've redesigned the blog about 3 times. I'm thinking about changing it every month! I might have a poll or something to see which design I should use each month.
Meme Ideas

An Open Book Choose a random book off your shelf and talk about it.

The Sci-Fi Situation Talk about books, recent, coming soon, or old, that are sci-fi. This can be either recommendations or just books in general that you really want to read.

Great Expectations Talk about a hyped-up novel that you've read. Does it deserve all the hype? Also, give some hype to a recent book that you absolutely loved.

Recommendations I've been thinking about doing recommendations for a while now. I absolutely loved writing my dystopian recommendations post. I might just do recommendations based on genre, author, cover color, or theme!

Random Discussions I love reading other blogger's discussions and I've been thinking about doing my own! I'd just need help with what to write about. I really want to write about love triangles. I think that just about every blogger has written a post about their thoughts on love triangles except for me!

Non-Memes

Dystopian Read-A-Longs I love to read books at the same time as others so that I can share my thoughts! Because of this, I may randomly pick up a book on my shelf that's been there for a while and just do a read-a-long for it!

Character vs. Character  I love my book characters, so I thought maybe I could write about two and write pros and cons for both.

What to read next? I can almost never decide what to read. This won't be a meme or anything, but I may just randomly post a few books and I'll ask which I should read. If there's anything on the "My TBR Pile" page that you think I should read, please tell me! I have so much to read that I just don't know what to read anymore. I guess I could make a meme of this and just have people vote on taglines...

Which of these should I start out with? When should I do them? What do you guys think of these? Which is your favorite? Least favorite?
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know which one I should start with and which ones need some work!

19 comments:

  1. Those are awesome ideas! I love the idea of the Great Expectations Meme! It kind of reminds me of a youtube beauty community tag that was going around(which I loved!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about the beauty tag on youtube! I may have to check it out. Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have been brainstorming! I've been trying to come up with stuff like this for my blog, too, and I only recently came up with one cool feature. But yours sound great! I love the Great Expectations idea! It's a great idea, but also I don't think it's really being done by a lot of people, which is a plus. Surveys are a great way to find out what your readers want to see more of, and readalongs are a great way to get others involved with your blog. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these sounds great. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas! I think its great to do interviews with other bloggers. The random discussion meme seems pretty unique and I'd love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah...that's a whole wagonload of ideas :) I love the Great Expectations - thingie most...I think it'd be quite interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love the idea of Great Expecations and Character v. Character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to start Character v. Character soon. :)

      Delete
  7. They all sound great.. I have been considering some of those myself. I will definitely participate in some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great ideas, new follower..your blog name caught my attention as I love dystopians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love dystopians as well. :)

      Delete
  9. Awesome!! New Follower... My SS! :D
    Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thanks for stopping by.

    Returning the favour.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!