Friday, September 21, 2012

Book Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Title: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Source: Bought
Edition: Hardcover (374 pages)
Genre: YA Fantasy
Cover Review: I really like this cover! She has a cool butterfly mask and I love the colors!
Tag Line: N/A
Series: Newsoul #1
Main Character: Ana

New soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I thought it was an exceptional fantasy. We follow young Ana as she tries to uncover the truth of what brought her to this world. I felt as if it were a mysterious fantasy; you had so many questions just waiting to be answered. I especially loved the love interest, Sam. I felt that he was so sweet. He was the only one that would actually speak and look at Ana without some snide remark or face.

My favorite thing about this book was that it was an easy read. It was kind of light and fluffy. I read it pretty fast, which means I really enjoyed it. The awesome thing about this book was that you thought one thing, but you usually thought wrong. I'd definitely recommend this book and I'll be sure to read Asunder, which comes out early 2013!

Rating:

Recommended to fans of:
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

4 comments:

  1. Fluffy? I love that! I can't wait to read this book. It sounds amazing and I agree with you about the cover. I love it too. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it was pretty fluffy. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you liked it! I though it had some original ideas without being too hard on the brain. Plus, gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!