Monday, September 17, 2012

Book Review: Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde

Title: Companions of the Night
Author: Vivian Vande Velde
Publisher: Graphia
Release Date: 1995
Source: Bought
Edition: Paperback (224 pages)
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Cover Review: The cover is okay. I don't have much to say about it.
Tag Line: Kidnapping. Car Theft. Muder. Vampires. True love... Kerry's got a tough night ahead of her.
Main Character: Kerry


When Kerry’s little brother forgets his stuffed bear at the laundry, Kerry ventures out at 11:00 p.m. to retrieve it for him. The laundry is deserted and kind of spooky, and while she’s there three men burst in, dragging a bound and bloodied young man they insist is a vampire. Kerry helps him escape, only to be caught up in a desperate game between vampire hunters and their prey.

This book was pretty good. In Companions of the Night, we follow 16-year-old Kerry. One night, Kerry's younger brother misses his bear. He left it at the laundry. Kerry, even though she doesn't have a driver's license, sneaks out of the house and drives to the laundry with her dad's car. Once she gets there, other people come in right after her. With them is a young man who they all claim is a vampire. Kerry doesn't believe them. She just thinks that they are a little crazy. She was wrong.

Kerry had such a crazy night! I couldn't imagine being in her position. I wouldn't know who to trust or what to do. I really respect Kerry for keeping everything under control. She kind of acts like everything is normal while on the inside she is completely the opposite. I really enjoyed having Kerry as a protagonist and I can't wait to read more by Vivian Vande Velde!


Rating:


Recommended to fans of:

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith


Have you read this book? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. I rather like the cover of this one and it would be enough to make me pick it up. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidnapping. Car Theft. Muder. Vampires. True love..wow, that's a lot for one night! She must be really strong! :) Haven't heard of this book before, so thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was strong and quite brave as well. :D

      Delete
  3. I guess that's the benefit of our generation...if real zombies/vampires/werewolves showed up at the laundromat we'd be totally cool and have all of this knowledge to fight them haha. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that! That's so true! I'm glad to know that I'll be prepared! :D

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!