Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming releases that a blogger is excited for.

This week I'm excited for 2 books. Lucid by Ron Bass & Adrienne Stoltz is the first one.


What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

Sloane and Maggie have never met. Sloane is a straight-A student with a big and loving family. Maggie lives a glamorously independent life as an up-and-coming actress in New York. The two girls couldn't be more different--except for one thing. They share a secret that they can't tell a soul. At night, they dream that they're each other.

The deeper they're pulled into the promise of their own lives, the more their worlds begin to blur dangerously together. Before long, Sloane and Maggie can no longer tell which life is real and which is just a dream. They realize that eventually they will have to choose one life to wake up to, or risk spiraling into insanity. But that means giving up one world, one love, and one self, forever.

This is a dazzling debut that will steal readers' hearts.

Lucid by Ron Bass & Adrienne Stoltz will be released on October 2, 2012.
The other novel I'm excited for is Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard.

Photo and summary were found on Goodreads.
"Harper has never been worried about falling in love, something she is skeptical even exists. But everything changes when Logan moves to town, and to Harper's shock, the two tumble into an intense romance. It's everything she never thought she wanted.

Then she meets Logan's twin brother, Daemon, who was expelled from his last school. True, he's a bad boy, but Harper can't shake the feeling that there's something deeply sinister about him--something dangerous. When Logan starts pulling away, Harper is convinced that Daemon's shadowy past is the wedge being driven between them. But by the time she uncovers the truth, it may be too late.

The author of Prada & Prejudice, You Wish, and Ripple delivers a modern-day retelling of a famously gothic tale, full of suspense, lies, and romance."

Dangerous Boy will be released on September 4, 2012.

42 comments:

  1. Great picks! I actually already read both of these! LOL Lucid was so good but crazy. Had me crying. Dangerous Boy was an interesting Jekyll and Hyde retelling. Hope you enjoy them soon!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen either of these before. Danger Boy sounds like a really good read. I have to find out what 'the truth' is! Here's My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait to read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read Dangerous Boy! I hope we both like it. Thanks for sharing.

    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it as well! :D

      Delete
  4. "Lucid" sound really good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally read it! You're welcome and thank you. :D

      Delete
  5. I'm especially drawn to Dangerous Boy. It sounds so good. I'm adding it to my list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great picks!
    I've heard a lot about Lucid, but nothing yet about dangerous boys!
    I will be adding it my list :]
    I am a new follower!
    If you could follow me back that would be awesome!
    http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo looking forward to Lucid! :) Thanks for stopping by! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to Lucid! The cover is gorgeous!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. :)

      Delete
  9. Both sounds great! I'm excited for Lucid.

    New GFC Follower. :]

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Lucid. It sounds so good!

      Delete
  10. Lucid sounds awesome! Great picks. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my favourite of your blog designs too. Somehow the orange and blue work so well together. Lucid sounds like an interesting, if somewhat unsettling read - definitely has me interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) They're contrasting colors. I can't wait for Lucid. It sounds absolutely AWESOME!

      Delete
  12. I really want to read Lucid! It looks so good!! Great pick =D

    Check out our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Haven't heard of it before, but I so can't wait for Lucid now! :D
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! I'm especially excited for Lucid! It sounds really good and I love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these look awesome! I've seen Dangerous Boy around but not Lucid. Thanks for the recommendation! And for stopping by my WoW! :D

    -Courtney @ Courtney Reads A Lot

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucid's got a wonderful cover.
    Thanks for droppin by my WoW!
    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucid and Dangerous boy both have fantastic premises! I wonder which life they will choose. And what retelling Dangerous boy is about. Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great picks! Love the cover of Lucid. Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love the cover of Lucid as well. I can't wait to own a finished copy!

      Delete
  20. Lucid is definitely on my tbr. Great picks :)

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these sound great! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!