Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme spotlights upcoming events that you're looking forward to.


This week I'm looking forward to 2 books. The first one is Defiance by C.J. Redwine.

"Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making."

Defiance by C.J. Redwine will be released on August 28, 2012.

The other book I'm excited for is What we Become by Jesse Karp.

Two years ago, teenagers Mal and Laura destroyed a corporate empire intent on controlling human thinking through technology. For a while, life was good. But now a new force has arisen: the Old Man. He’s hungry for power and he knows who holds the key to getting it: Mal. Mal needs his beloved Laura’s help to defeat the Old Man, but is he willing to risk her life in another battle to save humanity? What We Become combines mind-bending thrills with the hot immediacy of corporate greed. It will leave readers wondering who is really in control…

What We Become by Jesse Karp will be released on February 26, 2013.

Photos and summaries were found on Goodreads.

18 comments:

  1. Defiance sounds awesome! I love kick butt girls. What We Become sounds creepy and intriguing!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defiance was in my WoW too! http://bookmarkedpages.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/waiting-on-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you really like Defiance! My WoW is YA again this week and you might like it if you haven't already seen it. I just posted it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet but I can't wait for it to come out! I'll be sure to stop by your Waiting on Wednesday. :)

      Delete
  4. So excited for Defiance too!!!!! Can't wait for it to come out next week! What We Become sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiance just sounds SO AWESOME. I've heard nothing but amazing things so far!

      Delete
  5. The defiance book cover is seriously beautiful and it sounds like such and interesting read!
    Great book choices!
    follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to finally read it. :)

      Delete
  6. Definace looks so good! Plus, it's been getting lots of major positive reviews! Never heard of What we Become before, but sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found What We Become at the end of the Goodreads YA Novels of 2013 list. I don't know why it was at the end... it sounds absolutely amazing!

      I've heard so many positive reviews it's not even funny. I can't wait to finally get a copy of it!

      You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  7. Very interesting sounds books, good choices! Here's my WoW: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/waiting-on-wednesday-11/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally read them. :)

      Delete
  8. I am beyond excited for Defiance! It has been too long of a wait! Sadly, I have to read library books before reading it. I didn't plan this out well enough.

    Here's my WoW: http://courtneyreadsalot.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Defiance to come out! I haven't heard of What We Become before now, but it sounds interesting and I really like the cover! Great Picks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!