Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (5)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I didn't really want to do this week's theme (mostly because I don't have many posts) so I decided to do Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes.

"But sometimes we just want to prove that we're not afraid of the dark. Even when we are."

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London














"So the reason I was struck again and again was because of my overwhelmingly positive energy. Funny, I'd always thought of myself as a pessimist.

Struck by Jennifer Bosworth








"May God forgive me for this and all these thing's I've done."

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin



 "He stood and went to read my pin as I approached. “America, is it?” he said, a smile playing on his lips.
“Yes, it is. And I know I’ve heard your name before, but could you remind me?"

The Selection by Kiera Cass












“Now I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.”

Delirium by Lauren Oliver












“I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking.”
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins














“It is possible to be in love with you just because of who you are.”
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater















"You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins












“Maybe girls need an island to find themselves. Maybe they need a place where no one's is watching them so they can be who they really are."

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray












Photos were found on Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. Nice list! I didn't participate in this today, but I wish I had because I love the topic of picking 10 posts that describe you best. But I totally understand that if you don't have too many posts, you wouldn't be able to make that list! I actually don't know how many posts I would have been able to come up with, either!

    But I love these quotes that you've listed. And I want to read so many of these books--I've only read The Hunger Games series and Delirium. But I just got The Selection and Beauty Queens, so I hope to read those soon. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully if they do this again in a year or so I'll be able to participate!

      Thanks so much. :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I like this topic a lot. And of course, I love the Beauty Queens quote. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger games scares me to death that it could happen.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of YA bloggers writing about Selection... maybe I shall have to check it out! Also, I absolutely agree with your choice of the Hunger Games, best book in the entire series!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's my favorite novel so far this year. ;)

      Delete
  5. Way to make this feature your own! Lovely quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!