Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Week of Hunger Games! + Hunger Games Movie Review

Since I now have a 100 followers (thank you everybody!), I decided that I would have a week dedicated to the books that really got me into reading my favorite genre... dystopian. The series that got me into reading was the Hunger Games trilogy. So from today until next Thursday, I am going to be posting a different Hunger Games related post every day.

Here's the schedule:
Thursday, August 16: The Hunger Games Movie Review
Friday, August 17: The Hunger Games Book Review
Saturday, August 18: Catching Fire Book Review
Sunday, August 19: Mockingjay Book Review
Monday, August 20: Dystopian Book Recommendations
Tuesday, August 21: The Hunger Games Tribute Guide Review
Wednesday, August 22: The World of the Hunger Games Review
Thursday, August 23: Wrap Up Post

So, as you can see, today's post is going to be a review of the movie. I'm guessing that everyone has already seen it, but I decided I should write a review anyway. The movie will be out this Saturday on DVD!

I loved the movie. I'd say that it was better than the books, but I find that movies are never better than the books. This one came really close though.

I thought that the casting was perfect. Jennifer Lawrence was awesome at playing Katniss, Josh Hutcherson was perfect for Peeta, and Liam Hemsworth was pretty good at playing Gale.

The main reason why I liked the movie was because you actually got to see more than you did when reading the books. We got some behind-the-scenes action. We saw Haymitch actually tell Seneca that two people should win the games instead of one. We saw Seneca in the control room. We even got to see Seneca and President Snow have some conversations.

My favorite part of the movie was the ending monologue that Cato had. Who would've known that deep down he didn't exactly want to be in the games either? Just because he's all tough doesn't mean that he wants to murder innocent people.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next movie. This one was amazing and I'm counting down the days until Catching Fire.

What were your thoughts on the movie?

5 comments:

  1. Great Review! I loved all of the behind the scene things that we didn't know about while reading the book. I loved when they showed District 11 uprising after Rue died...I wish that they would've added Haymitch falling off of the stage at the Reaping though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The Hunger Games is probably my favorite book series ever, so this is gonna be a great week and I can't wait to hear the rest of the reviews! I agree with pretty much everything you said. I felt like they made the movie the absolute best it could be, and it was close to the book as you could get without going too far. I wish Madge would have been in there, more to the cave scene, but I love that they showed the little things too that maybe weren't in the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your thoughts on the movie. I loved the behind-the-scenes stuff but the part they did the best was Rue's death. I actually cried, and I never cry during movies! I think it was a great idea to review the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Hunger Games series! This is an awesome idea, I can't wait to read all your posts this week!

    I loved the movie, I thought they did a really good job with it! I agree with with everything you said, especially about Jennifer Lawrence playing an awesome Katniss. I thought she was perfect for the role! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the THG movie, just as I loved reading each book. The movie rekindled my fascination with series, and I immediately wanted to re-read the first book once I was out of the theater. The first book is probably my favorite, but I'd say I equally enjoy Catching Fire -- very excited for the next film!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!