Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (4)


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. I only got one book again this week, but I'm really excited to read it because I've wanted it for quite a while!

WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE
In Deuce’s world, people earn the right to a name only if they survive their first fifteen years. By that point, each unnamed ‘brat’ has trained into one of three groups–Breeders, Builders, or Hunters, identifiable by the number of scars they bear on their arms. Deuce has wanted to be a Huntress for as long as she can remember.

As a Huntress, her purpose is clear—to brave the dangerous tunnels outside the enclave and bring back meat to feed the group while evading ferocious monsters known as Freaks. She’s worked toward this goal her whole life, and nothing’s going to stop her, not even a beautiful, brooding Hunter named Fade. When the mysterious boy becomes her partner, Deuce’s troubles are just beginning.

Down below, deviation from the rules is punished swiftly and harshly, and Fade doesn’t like following orders. At first Deuce thinks he’s crazy, but as death stalks their sanctuary, and it becomes clear the elders don’t always know best, Deuce wonders if Fade might be telling the truth. Her partner confuses her; she’s never known a boy like him before, as prone to touching her gently as using his knives with feral grace.

As Deuce’s perception shifts, so does the balance in the constant battle for survival. The mindless Freaks, once considered a threat only due to their sheer numbers, show signs of cunning and strategy… but the elders refuse to heed any warnings. Despite imminent disaster, the enclave puts their faith in strictures and sacrifice instead. No matter how she tries, Deuce cannot stem the dark tide that carries her far from the only world she’s ever known.

What did you get this week?

37 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this one. It actually got "lost" from my library, so I am going to replace it and read it so I can read Outpost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about it, so I am looking forward to it. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Enclave and I can't wait until Outpost comes out! I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. New background! I did wonder last time if I imagined a design change...I remembered blue and white, then I think blue, orange and white stripe, and now it's blue, white and green...right? If I'm wrong that'll be embarrassing, lol.
    Enclave sounds really good, and I've seen positive reviews for it. Happy reading :)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did not imagine a design change! I've been experimenting with different themes and I think I like this one the best. :)

      I just hope I enjoy it, as I have seen a few negative reviews!

      Delete
  4. I loved Enclave!! I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you loved it! I hope I do too. :)

      Delete
  5. Enclave looks great! I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do too. :) You're welcome and thank you!

      Delete
  6. Everyone seems to be really excited about this one! I'll have to check back and see what you think of it! It sounds great! Thanks for stopping by today!
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm really excited to finally read it. :D

      Delete
  7. I've heard great things about Enclave. Hope you love it!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't like this one that much, but most people did. I hope you love it like they did. ;]

    - Chel
    The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I haven't read Enclave before, the summary sure made me very excited, maybe I should do some book shopping soon... Enjoy your week reading!! :D

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ Book a World too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. :) I can't wait to finally read it!

      Delete
  10. Oh I need to try this series, I heard great things about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a really good book! I haven't heard of it before, so I hope you enjoy reading a book you've been waiting on a while! :)

    Happy Reading.

    My StS

    Livvy @Nerdy Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard a lot of Enclave and I'm still unsure if I should read it so I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it. :) I'm hoping to read it next month, so the review should be up next month as well. :)

      Delete
  13. Hadn't heard of this book but it sounds cool. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so much about this book and seen it on a lot of other blogs! I must get my handds on a copy!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this one around and I must have it also! Love your blog. The name speaks to me and consider me a #NewFollower! B/C I'll be back! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enclave was awesome. Outpost was just as good....

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! This book sounds extremely awesome!! Definitely going to have to check into it! Enjoy!!
    And, thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enclave was amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was a great book. Looking forward to reading Outpost. Thanks for stopping by the Paperback Princesses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh.. I've seen that cover before but never really knew what it was about.. sounds good!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my StS!

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't read this one, but it's been on my tbr list for a while, thanks for stopping by the blog.


    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!