Friday, August 31, 2012

My Momentous Month (2)

*Note: If you'd like to try out this meme, feel free! If you do, please link back to my blog and leave a link in the comments so that I can check yours out! If you wish, you can also grab my button that I attempted to make (I know, I know, it's pretty bad. I'll try to make a better one soon!) or you can make your own.*

My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!

Books Read in August 2012
  1. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
  2. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
  3. The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
  4. School's Out Forever by James Patterson
  5. Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
  6. The Final Warning by James Patteron
  7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  8. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  9. Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
It's four less than last month, but I think I still did pretty well!


Reviews Posted in August 2012


To Be Read for September 2012
  1. Revived by Cat Patrick
  2. The Forsaken by Lissa M. Stasse
  3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (finish)
  4. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (from last month! I never got to it.)
  5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
  6. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams

Favorite Book of the Month


This book was amazing! I loved how I learned a lot of new things and it's definitely a new favorite!














Favorites in Each Genre
Contemporary I was contemporary free this month!
Dystopian Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Fantasy Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Paranormal Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde (This book was okay. I'd say 3.5 stars. It wins the award because it's the only paranormal book I read this month.)
Steampunk I was steampunk free this month!
Historical Fiction I was historical fiction free this month!


Favorite Cover of the Month
This was a pretty hard one because I didn't like many of the covers for the books I read this month.

I picked the cover of Graceling because it actually has to do with the book! It has a sword and you can see one of Katsa's eyes which I think is pretty cool. I was actually quite nervous about reading this one since I started it once a while ago and I just couldn't get into it. I'm so glad that I tried to read it again! It was absolutely amazing! It's definitely a new favorite.
Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Character: Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Female Character: Max from the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

Favorite Setting of the Month
My favorite setting of the month would definitely have to be the zombie apocalypse setting from This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. I just can't imagine having to live in a high school for a long time when all you hear outside is madness. It's just crazy to think about!

What do you guys think about this meme?

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea for a monthly wrap-up! I've tried different versions, but nothing ever stuck. I think I'll this one this month. I'll link up when I've got the post completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your month was amazing. Full with awesome reads and next month is going to be awesome too. All of those books are on my wishlist. Looking forward to your reviews.

    I ordered This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers & I hope it's good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done a monthly wrap up sounds like a great idea :)
    I am so excited to read Struck. I began it and was enjoying it and a few mandatory reads got in the way of my finishing it right away..
    I will get back to it asap.
    I am loving the new one by michelle gagnon. its great!
    TGIF@Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this meme-I'm set on finishing out the year with the template I've developed for myself but I might want to borrow some ideas next year to shake things up!

    I hope you read some contemporaries next month-my fave genre and one I'll be spotlighting in September (along with a giveaway)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome meme! I want to participate.. but don't know if I will have time this month. I will try though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!