Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review: The World of the Hunger Games by Kate Egan

Title: The World of the Hunger Games
Author: Kate Egan
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Release Date: March 23, 2012
Edition: Hardcover (192 pages)
Cover Review: I like the cover. This was my favorite Hunger Games movie poster!

This is the definitive, full-color guide to Panem. Gorgeous photographs from the movie make this a rich visual dictionary for the incredible world that Suzanne Collins created and that has come to life on the big screen. It showcases the major players and participants in The Hunger Games, the life and home of Katniss Everdeen, and the perils of the Games themselves — injuries, fire, muttations, and all the rest. A glossary and new quotes from Suzanne Collins herself complete the package. Fans of both the Hunger Games novels and the stunning forthcoming film will treasure this book.


I thought that this was pretty good. I saw this in Kmart the day before the movie came out right before I went to the premiere. I couldn't help myself and I looked in the book. I totally felt like I ruined the movie for myself since I saw what the cornucopia looked like, I saw Peeta and Katniss in the cave, and some other things that I hadn't seen before. If you haven't seen the movie but you've read the books, I wouldn't suggest reading/looking at this until you've seen the movie. I guess you could read it if you don't want to see the movie.

This book was pretty much just a brief overview of the movie. It goes through all the scenes and everything. There are little written parts which tell you exactly what happened in the movie. There were a lot of pictures though. I really enjoyed that!

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I <3 the Hunger Games, so I want to read this! (The 'World Will Be Watching' Hunger Games movie poster was my favourite too! :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how there was more than one cover. :) I hope that's how it is for the second movie as well! This book was really good. :) I hope you enjoy it if you ever get the chance to read it!

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!