Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases that we're anticipating. This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine.
This week I'm waiting on Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky, the sequel to Awaken. I absolutely loved book 1, so I can't wait for the sequel! The summary may contain spoilers for book one.


"In the sequel to Awaken, seventeen-year-old Maddie is in LA, is trying to stay out of trouble. But she can't quell the fire that rages within her against the digital life, and one night, a seemingly small act of rebellion lands Maddie in the place she fears the most: a detention center. Here, under the guise of rehabilitation, patients are reprogramed to accept the digital life. When Maddie discovers what goes on here, her fight shifts. She's no longer just fighting against the digital life. She's fighting for her mind, her soul, and her life. Once again, Katie Kacvinsky paints a disturbing picture of what the future holds if we're not careful."
This book will be released on November 20, 2012.

Photo and summary found on Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. I still have to read Awaken but I remember it sounded like it was really great! Awesome choice this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awaken is seriously awesome. I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome new author to me. The book looks AWESOME! Thanks for sharing :) crazy to think it won't be out until November!

    The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this book too!! Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower :)
    I still have yet to read Awaken but it's on my ever growing TBR list.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. :)

      Awaken is one of my all time favorites.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for reminding me I still have to read Awakened! I love the sound of this series and I can't believe I haven't read it yet, when I have it and everything *sigh* I'm on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!:D I hope that you like it as much as I did!

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this series before today. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Awaken is one of my favorites. :)

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!