Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (3)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books.


This was quite a fun one!
















1) The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Of course I picked the world of Harry Potter as my first choice. Everyone loves this series!
Did you know that there is a prequel? I just found out. I'm going to have to buy it!

2) Panem
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
While reading this book, you really get a feel for the setting and there is great world building. Not that I'd want to live in Panem, but this is definitely my second choice.

3) Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I really felt bad for Lena while reading this book.

4) Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
While reading this book, I could really tell how much everyone loved their electronics. I could also really tell how often a person actually went out and visited with others.

5) Matched by Ally Condie
I loved learning more about this world with Cassia as she uncovered some secrets.

6) Wither by Lauren DeStefano
I loved this book. You could really tell how scary it is to be a girl all alone walking on the streets in this world.

7) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I loved the setting in this book. I really felt like I was with the kids from Miss Peregrine's.
I recently found out that this was part of a series, and book 2 comes out in 2013.

8. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
I love the world that James built in the Maximum Ride series.

9. Gone by Michael Grant
I love this world! Most of the characters have special powers and the world is amazing.
10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I love this futuristic New Beijing with cyborgs and the like.
Hope you enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday!


Photos were found on Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. I've only read four of these but they all look like pretty good choices to me! And I agree that this week's topic was a fun one. :)
    Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to read Scarlet and continue with the Gone series. I've only read the first one. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your list. The ones that aren't on my own Top 10 Tuesday list are on my TBR list. Check out my Top 10 Tuesday.

    New follower by the way.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I hope you enjoy them. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your whole list. Wither and Matched are probably my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Wither. I really have to finish reading Fever sometime soon. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I have not read any of these but most of them are on my TBR list.

    New Follower
    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!

      I hope you enjoy these books when you finally get the chance to read them. :)

      Delete
  6. I love your choices for this list, especially Harry Potter as number one, and of course, The Hunger Games. :) I'm a new follower!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following!

      I love The Hunger Games. It's what got me into my reading kick. :)

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!