Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's theme is: Top Ten Books for People Who Like X Book. (I chose Paranormalcy by Kiersten White)

Top Ten Books for People who Like Paranormalcy by Kiersten White



10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
A great mixture of paranormal romance/mystery/thriller.



9. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Another great thriller that is paranormal as well.



8. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
A vampire novel that includes romance mixed with vampire schools.

7. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (the Iron Fey)
A great series about faeries.

6. The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and the Struggle by L.J. Smith
A paranormal series about vampires... but it also has witches, ghosts, and other paranormal creatures! Plus, there is a great love triangle.

5. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
A paranormal romance series that features time travel!

4. Fallen by Lauren Kate
Yet another paranormal romance series, this time featuring fallen angels and history repeating itself... multiple times.

3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Again, a paranormal romance series featuring fallen and guardian angels. This one also has a mysterious aspect to it that was quite enjoyable. I was always asking myself questions about who was doing what!


2. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
A paranormal romance series with werewolves... that only change depending on the temperature.

1. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
A series about werewolves... and many other supernatural beings.

All photos found on Goodreads. The books this week are in no particular order.




14 comments:

  1. The Body Finder and Shiver are two of my all time favorite books! I also really enjoyed Paranormalcy. I need to read the rest of them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystianna,
    I've you heart about "Tegan's Bood" by L.H Cosway ? It's a serie I will hightly recommand...
    One of your new follower,
    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the synopsis online, and it sounds really good! I'm going to have to check it out. Thank you for the recommendation and the follow!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Some AMAZING books here, i loved Paranormalcy and agree about Mara Dyer, The Body Finder and Hourglass, though I wasn't a Fallen/Shiver/Hush Hush fan myself.

    New follower :)

    My TTT this week is on YA contemporary reads, which may not be your thing but it'd be awesome if you called by :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say that Fallen was okay, but I just hope that the series gets better as it goes on. Thank you for the follow!

      Delete
  4. This list is AWESOME - I love Kelley Armstrong and Myra McEntire! ...Becca & Lauren are past presenters at our OC Kids Book Festival - both adorable! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Robyn

    ...hmmm - Top Ten Tuesday - might have to switch this out with Teaser Tuesday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darkest powers series and Darkness rising series by Kelly Armstrong are ridiculously awesome reads!
    GReat picks for your list!
    New follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read The Summoning. I should really continue on with the series!
      Thank you for the follow!

      Delete
  6. Love all these books! Still need to read The Summoning and Hourglass, I've heard they're really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Summoning was really good, as was Hourglass. I love time travel books. :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh you've got some fabulous selections here. I loved The Body Finder, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Hush, Hush. I still need to read The Iron King - so looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked all of these. I loved The Iron King. I'm not usually the biggest fan of faeries, but that one was really good.

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!