Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Hi! Today, I decided to join the Top Ten Tuesday weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today is a freebie, so I decided to do my top ten favorite books read in 2012 so far. I couldn't choose just 10, I had to choose 11! These books are not necessarily books released in 2012. I put them in order from least favorite (that is still in my favorites) to my favorite. I hope that makes sense!



11. Legend by Marie Lu
I really enjoyed this book, it was really action-packed! I can't wait for Prodigy to come out next year.



10. Tempest by Julie Cross
I love time travel books! I can't wait for the next one to come out!



9. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I loved this book as well as its sequel, The Scorch Trials. They are amazing, and I love all the characters! I can't wait to read the last one, as well as the prequel coming out in August.



8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
This book was hilarious! I really should read some more of Libba's novels.



7. Matched by Ally Condie
This book was really good. I enjoyed the characters a lot. I also really liked the sequel, Crossed. I can't wait for the final book, Reached, to come out later this year!


6. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
This book was just plain awesome. A post-apocalyptic world where dust storms happen a lot? Yes! It was really enjoyable, and I read it in a day and a half!


5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I have a feeling that this is one of everybody's favorites. This book was AMAZING. I will read it coutless times over. I actually haven't even read Insurgent yet... it's just so HUGE!


4. Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi
This book was cool-I especially enjoyed all the slashes! It was much better than I thought it would be.


3. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
This book was seriously wicked. I loved it! The characters, the world, the whole idea of the novel... all of it.


2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
A seriously awesome mystery thriller? How could that not be in someone's favorites? I was always asking myself questions, waiting for them to be answered. I still have some!


1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
This was my favorite of 2012 so far. I loved the world, I loved America, Maxon, and Aspen, and I loved the whole idea of a competition for being chosen as a princess.

All photos were found on Goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Divergent and Legend. I'll have to check out a few of the books from your list - especially Beauty Queens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty Queens was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. It was a great summer read.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I loved Divergent and Matched and Tempest was very good.

    I'm dying to read the rest. I've heard good things about all of them.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    P.S. If you stop by be sure to check out my giveaway for any book under $15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to suggest only one on the list, it would definitely be The Selection by Kiera Cass. It wasn't a normal dystopian... it was more of a romantic dystopian. It was quite enjoyable!

      Delete
  3. I loved Divergent but i haven't gotten around to read Insurgent lol Dystopia FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dystopia rocks. :)

      I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't read Insurgent yet!

      Delete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!