Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Momentous Month (1)

I decided to start an end of the month meme where I go over all of my favorites from the month in each genre, go over my favorite book of the month, go over the reviews I posted, as well as the books I plan to read in the coming month. I also plan on going over my favorite characters, covers, and settings of the month as well. I decided to try something new and I hope you guys enjoy it! 

Books Read in July 2012

  1. Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
  2. Shadowland by Alyson Noel
  3. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
  4. Crossed by Ally Condie
  5. The Death Cure by James Dashner
  6. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
  7. The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
  8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  9. The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
  10. Watch Me by Lauren Barnholdt
  11. The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
  12. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
  13. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Favorite Book of the Month


Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
It was just so fun & humorous. Beauty Queens is a great summertime read!

Reviews Posted in July 2012
Books to Read for August 2012
  1. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  2. Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
  3. Heir Apperant by Vivian Vande Velde
  4. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
  5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  6. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
  7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  8. If these are finished, I'll just randomly choose some others... most likely 2012 debuts.

Favorites in Each Genre

Contemporary: Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Dystopian: The Death Cure by James Dashner
Fantasy: The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (If this is even considered a type of fantasy...)
Paranormal: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Favorite Characters of the Month

Favorite Male Character: Lend from Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Favorite Female Character: Dawn fom Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

Favorite Cover of the Month

The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

Favorite Setting(s) of the Month

Darkness Before Dawn-The futuristic world where humans are kept in towns surrounded by a wall. The town is ruled by a vampire lord.


Photos found on Goodreads.

11 comments:

  1. Great idea!!!! I really enjoyed Paranormalcy too and Shadow and Bone is a good one so I am looking forward to your review for it if you ever get a chance to read it. Also I have heard great things about Beauty Queen! Thanks for sharing.

    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you loved Paranormalcy as well. :)

      I'm glad to hear that you liked Shadow & Bone. I'm hoping that it'll live up to all the hype. :)

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome idea. I love the cover for The Hunt!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of books! I didn't read much this month though, but I spot some good books in your list that I'd love to devour ;)

    Awesome idea! Your month is really momentous :)

    P.S. I heart dystopians too, I really liked The Hunt, you?

    New follower!

    Would love to see you around at my blog too, drop me a comment and I will fangirl with you over amazing dystopian novels anytime ;)

    Sel @ mystorywithyouandher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty Queens is one of my favorite book sof the last year. I gave it to my friend who found it a bit much. I found it a bit PERFECT. Glad to see you agreed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved Beauty Queens. I'm hoping to buy it so I can read it repeatedly in the future. :)

      Delete
  5. I read Zevin's All These Things I've Done in July as well! *goes to read your review*
    I wonder if your thoughts were the same as mine~

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. Have you thought about setting up a link list for it? I know I'd take part!

    Great post, I can't wait to get my hands on Beauty Queens - I keep hearing great things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!