Monday, July 9, 2012

Introduction & What to Expect

Hi! My name is Krystianna, and I love to read. I decided to start a book blog for just that reason. Reading and the love of it. I started really getting into reading after I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins last year. Since that book, I've been reading non-stop. My favorite genre would have to be dystopian (hence the blog name), but I really enjoy fantasy, contemporary, thrillers, mysteries, and paranormal romance as well.

For this blog, I will probably join some weekly memes and start some of my own as well. I have quite a few ideas. I will post blog reviews after I read a book. If I am reviewing a sequel, I will review the books before it first.

For reviews, I decided to use the "SCAR" theme, which I made up. Whenever I think of the future (if by chance it was like a dystopian novel), I imagine everyone having many scars. The "S" stands for story line, the "C" stands for characters, the "A" stands for all in all what I thought of the book, and the "R" stands for rating. I will rate the book using lightning bolts, 5 being the highest.

I'm hoping to be able to do book reviews at least every 2-5 days. I have some set up already to be published for a while on some recent reads that I've had.

Until next time,
Downright Dystopian

7 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!

    <3 MANDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. So organized! I wish I was more organized with my reviews. This is great! You're off to a great start, I'm a new follower and can't wait to read your blog. I also love dystopian, you'll notice a lot of them on my blog. And I started blogging because I love to read and then talk about what I've read! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always read book blogs, and one of the tips I hear most is to "be organized."

      Delete
  3. Cool rating system! Welcome to the book blogging world, Krystianna!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I had my daughter, I used to read a lot, but now I rarely get a chance to read. So, I appreciate the way you write your blog with so much passion and sophistication. Your blog is a fantastic way for me to catch up on YA literature again, especially since I used to teach about it! Honestly, I learned a lot about genre by reading your blog because I didn't even know there were so many sub-genres. I was totally out of it until I read your excellent descriptions. I also love the way you organized your reviews. Your writing has a wonderful flow. Keep up the outstanding work! It looks like you have a lot of followers, too! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. K-love the blog! May use some of your books for my Book club in Berlin NY. I will pass on your blog info to other readers! I read so much at your age(and still do) that my younger sister Kathy got annoyed-she would try to interrupt me but I was pretty good at blocking out noise around me!! I always have at least three books going on at the same time!
    Sue Hankamp

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!